All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

I don't personally have one, but I've heard the up front cost is really high relative to the annual energy savings. It might be easier to justify if you have a huge house and shop with a very high conventional heating and cooling bill.
I know they have plenty of space around their house and out buildings so they didn't have to go down any farther than needed like the people with limited space have to do. Vertical puts the system deeper in the ground as is more stacked where as the more horizontal is spread out over a larger area(like in floor heating pipes). Not sure if it's more cost effective to go one way or the other or if one option is better.

Randy is my cousin and Stan is my uncle(dad's brother). SMALL WORLD! I don't get down there to visit very often but when I do I never want to leave. Stan is my dad's little brother.
Great people, I know Randy well.

Great people, I know Randy well.
It seems to me that the quality of people down there is just plain better than where I'm at. Hard working God fearing people that help themselves and help out the neighbors in a time of need. Where I'm at people seem to be lazy and expect someone else to provide for them just because. jmho. Tell Randy his cousin John from Onamia said hi.

I don't personally have one, but I've heard the up front cost is really high relative to the annual energy savings. It might be easier to justify if you have a huge house and shop with a very high conventional heating and cooling bill.
That's typically the problem. It's much easier to work it into the mortgage of a new build. It's most cost effective in areas with extreme temperatures.

The january jobs theatre.

The establishment version:

Reality:

-1.5 million full time jobs
+90,000 Government and healthcare jobs
+762,000 new part time job
Number of people working multiple jobs increased
Labor force participation dropped

Last edited:
The septic touch strikes again. How these guys can screw up a near monopoly grip on their market is beyond me.

1705929409737.png

1705929386198.png

I sold the rest of my USFR this morning and sold some puts on ADM. I'm not sure why ADM is in the tank, but it fits my model, so I'm gonna give it a try. It goes ex-div in early Feb, so I'm hoping to pick it up before then.

View attachment 61653

You sold puts on ADM. Does that mean you dropped the soap in the shower at a maximum security prison??

You sold puts on ADM. Does that mean you dropped the soap in the shower at a maximum security prison??
$2100 gone in the blink of an eye because some ass hat on the top floor had to cook the books and was dumb enough to get caught.

If it wasn't for cheep overseas production we would be in a major depression and most us citizens couldn't afford to keep the heat turned on.
There'll be millions more Americans being laid off or fired once AI gets into full swing. Even the business community as a whole is proud to say it outright. It's not even being kept as a secret ---- so everyone buckle up. Hope you're all filthy rich already, because the business community is about to stick another one right up American workers' behinds. Then - come election time, they'll be waving their red, white, and blue banners cheering for the good old U.S.A., so people vote for who they (Chamber of Commerce) want in elected positions.

BTW - Who's been pushing to have AI replace American workers???? Answer - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and all its members. How do I know this?? Because I read tons of business and investment info every day. Truth and facts are tough to swallow.

There'll be millions more Americans being laid off or fired once AI gets into full swing. Even the business community as a whole is proud to say it outright. It's not even being kept as a secret ---- so everyone buckle up. Hope you're all filthy rich already, because the business community is about to stick another one right up American workers' behinds. Then - come election time, they'll be waving their red, white, and blue banners cheering for the good old U.S.A., so people vote for who they (Chamber of Commerce) want in elected positions.

BTW - Who's been pushing to have AI replace American workers???? Answer - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and all its members. How do I know this?? Because I read tons of business and investment info every day. Truth and facts are tough to swallow.
I know in my own business we are having to try to implement automation anywhere we can because we can't find any people that are willing to do manual labor. Huge cost upfront for the automation but eventually it pays for itself and then becomes profitable but that certainly won't happen over night. From that perspective the people not willing to work are pretty much forcing us to become automated to keep putting out product. American workers cost a lot and keep costing more every year. Machines are an initial investment and a lot less headaches. We've been struggling to find workers before covid was ever even thought of. Have to keep the manufacturing costs as low as possible to make enough profit to keep the lights on and the doors open. That's just the world that I am currently living in. Don't see things turning around any time soon.

I should also add that the automation we are going to is manufactured in Japan.

Are you recommending that the US stand by and not try to automate like the rest of the world? I don't think that would be in the best interest of the US workers either. There have been efficiency improvements going on since the first business was built and you either continuously improve or you lose out to another company that does. I agree with you that AI will eliminate some jobs, but it will also create some jobs.

1 new job for every 100 lost... sounds like a thriving economy.
Or maybe we can shut the factory down after offshoring all production and lose all the jobs. Then pay more for the same product after slapping one of Trumps tariffs on.

If we were smart we'd find a way to make those robots in this country.

Much of the city of Phoenix now has driverless taxi cabs. I never believed that this kind of thing would happen as soon as it has. Not sure what all the cab drivers and Uber drivers are going to do? Lots of changes coming.

Do you think the us will be competitive against china if they automate and we don’t? I don’t see AI as being much different than prior automation improvements over the last 100 years.

It will impact different industries than prior changes, but the whole economy will not implode. Sticking with less efficient methods will not improve things in the us.

You can’t replace a plumber with AI . If and when that ever happens, in some other lifetime, then it will be great when nobody has to work. Sit back and have a drink and maybe do some hunting.

Automation is expensive, especially now that capital is more expensive than it has been for the last few decades. Companies automate because they can't find people to do the work. If automation were cheap, everyone would have done it already. We need some degree of automation if we want to have manufacturing in the US.

Or maybe we can shut the factory down after offshoring all production and lose all the jobs.

Offshoring is being reversed. Manufacturing is coming back to the US, and we don't have enough people to do it all. That's why we need to automate and improve efficiency in this country, so we can have the manufacturing here instead of China.