Stock Market is the bottom in?

Headline just now: "84% concerned that USA will be drawn into war".

Not sure how the markets can go up with news like this staring us in the face.

Which war are they concerned about? Hard to keep track of all the shiny objects the government is waving around lately. I guess somewhere there's a huge problem with Jews being targeted and discriminated against now. Like I said, hard to keep track anymore.

Which war are they concerned about? Hard to keep track of all the shiny objects the government is waving around lately. I guess somewhere there's a huge problem with Jews being targeted and discriminated against now. Like I said, hard to keep track anymore.
Your right. Between the war in Ukraine, Israel, potentially Taiwan,(not to mention here at home) we got lots of problems with such governments as Iran, Russia, China and ??? We get sucked more and more into these situations. Not good.....in too many ways...we have made this bed by our constant meddling in other countries ways......over many decades.

Vietnam comes to mind.

What do you mean?
Our government putting our troops in harms way for something we should stay out of in my opinion. Also, if we are going to fight a war we might as well go ahead and win the fight. Can't just let the government play games with our enlisted people's lives. jmo

Our government putting our troops in harms way for something we should stay out of in my opinion. Also, if we are going to fight a war we might as well go ahead and win the fight. Can't just let the government play games with our enlisted people's lives. jmo

Ah. Gotcha.

Just a thought here ..... back when Hitler was on the move in Europe, many countries around the world thought, "let's stay out of it, including England in the early stages. But when the world saw that Hitler and the Nazi's were not stopping, and was bent on taking all of Europe, it was almost too late for freedom to take a stand. Mussolini was allied with Hitler, and then Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Churchill in England knew early-on that all of Europe was in danger, and asked the U.S. to send armament & supplies. The "lend / lease" program was started, and the U.S sent arms & supplies to England to keep them in the fight. It became apparent that sending arms wasn't enough to stop Hitler, so the U.S. had to get involved - and it was a tough fight even with all the allies.

Lesson ..... when a world power is getting aggressive and taking ground by force, the rest of the world better step up and punch the aggressor in the mouth and stop the threat early - before everyone gets killed or imprisoned like in the concentration camps, gulags, etc. Evil still exists, and it wants to destroy freedom & democracy. Russia, China, Iran, and a number of terror groups are today's villains. If a big war starts - kiss all of our savings & investments goodbye.

This isn't lend, lease. It's give too much and then give a lot more. All while downgrading the quality of the lives of our citizens here in the USA. jmho

. If a big war starts - kiss all of our savings & investments goodbye.

U.S. stocks saw some wild swings during World War II. However, from the beginning of the war in 1939 to its eventual end in 1945, the Dow Jones gained almost 50 percent.

U.S. stocks saw some wild swings during World War II. However, from the beginning of the war in 1939 to its eventual end in 1945, the Dow Jones gained almost 50 percent.

Small talk in some circles is we are destined for war right now to combat inflation and interest rates. Sadly, is the next war we are part of will be / become WW3 IMHO.

Small talk in some circles is we are destined for war right now to combat inflation and interest rates. Sadly, is the next war we are part of will be / become WW3 IMHO.

I doubt we will join a war in Ukraine or Gaza. It would take a major attack on Taiwan or a NATO member to pull the US into a proper war. Our current focus I missile defense. I wouldn't be surprised if we also have a program going for drone warfare, specifically massive wave attacks with small disposable drones, and how to defend against such attacks from China and Iran.

Just a thought here ..... back when Hitler was on the move in Europe, many countries around the world thought, "let's stay out of it, including England in the early stages. But when the world saw that Hitler and the Nazi's were not stopping, and was bent on taking all of Europe, it was almost too late for freedom to take a stand. Mussolini was allied with Hitler, and then Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Churchill in England knew early-on that all of Europe was in danger, and asked the U.S. to send armament & supplies. The "lend / lease" program was started, and the U.S sent arms & supplies to England to keep them in the fight. It became apparent that sending arms wasn't enough to stop Hitler, so the U.S. had to get involved - and it was a tough fight even with all the allies.

Lesson ..... when a world power is getting aggressive and taking ground by force, the rest of the world better step up and punch the aggressor in the mouth and stop the threat early - before everyone gets killed or imprisoned like in the concentration camps, gulags, etc. Evil still exists, and it wants to destroy freedom & democracy. Russia, China, Iran, and a number of terror groups are today's villains. If a big war starts - kiss all of our savings & investments goodbye.
If the advice of a decorated general would have been taken after WWI the issue in Israel would have been non existent.

It's a very different, interconnected, global economy today. Back then, the U.S. was the main player on the world business stage. Not so today. Many "American" businesses left for other shores since the 1980's and took their technology with them. The Chinese didn't sit on their hands when cutting-edge U.S. tech was sitting right in their country. Our factories there taught them how to compete with us, how to engineer things - all for the next-to-free labor there, ruled by an authoritarian dictatorship. Anyone think the Chinese didn't steal our engineering & tool-making out of those "American" factories?? The many other countries followed suit, moved to China for the cheap labor.

If any of us wanted to keep an enemy outsider from breaking into our houses, would we build our lock factories & security equipment factories on his property??? The military Joint Chiefs of Staff warned of these consequences decades ago - in the 1970's. I'm old enough to have read the news articles and watch the stories on the TV news when the Joint Chiefs voiced the warnings.

Anyone remember who made the speech to our nation that stated, ".... We're going to change our economy from a manufacturing-based economy, to a service-based economy." And "...... We're going to a globalized economy."

This isn't lend, lease. It's give too much and then give a lot more. All while downgrading the quality of the lives of our citizens here in the USA. jmho
Just wondering here ....
If the money spent sending arms to allied countries was kept here, how many of us "regular folks" would get a tax break from it?? Or have our nation's infrastructure brought up to date - without endless bi***ing about "wasting our tax money" (on things really needed)?? Or actually taking care of our vets?? Or making sure our oldest citizens aren't living in poverty after working here in the U.S. all their lives?? Buffet says increase taxes on billionaires like him as a means of reducing the debt. Buffet knows nothing about big money, right?? Buffet also said in a recent article that all workers need to be paid more, to keep more disposable income in the hands of the people who'll spend it, and fuel our economy. Is Buffet an idiot when it comes to big money situations?? He's a multi-billionaire who points out the flaws of having a small percentage of people controlling most of the U.S. wealth. He gets the big picture.

To be sure - if we end up having to send U.S. troops to the Middle East again, or to Europe for what will surely become WW3 after Russia's invasion of Ukraine (no thinking person believes Russia would stop there) - what will that cost add up to?? We aren't the only country giving to Ukraine either, because all of Europe and Nato is giving too. They don't want WW3 to start over Putin's ego-driven aggression. Stopping enemy aggressors takes money - one way or the other. Hopefully not blood as well. JM thoughts. No anger, hatred or hostility here. I like ALL Americans, and enjoy trading ideas on here with all you guys ....... on a variety of topics.

Good day to all.

Zelensky is right up there with Sam Bankman Fried as far as con men go. Biden is bought and paid for by Ukraine and we have no business being in other countries wars. We are seen as a poorly lead country right now by the rest of the world. I think we are weak right now due to inept leadership and the people should be scared of being in a war because our door mat of a president doesn't know what day of the week it is. jmho

Anyone playing the oil markets? Prices are down a bit right now. Do they keep dropping or start to climb back up?