All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

Anyone playing the oil markets? Prices are down a bit right now. Do they keep dropping or start to climb back up?
Not directly in oil, but I have a significant portion of my egg in drilling, refining, and pipeline stocks. The WEF has promised to make energy unaffordable, and we are most certainly getting the war machine back in business, bigger and better than ever. The war effort will use a bunch of energy, and destroy lots of energy production.

That's my take on it anyway. I certainly wouldn't be betting on peace and affordable energy.

and we have no business being in other countries wars.
That's what a number of European countries thought when Hitler invaded Poland. England's foreign minister at the time thought England should stay out of any confrontation with Hitler - which turned out to be exactly wrong. Churchill could see that Hitler wasn't going to stop - just as Putin won't stop with just Ukraine. Putin has stated that the collapse of the former USSR was his biggest embarrassment, and he wants to rebuild it as it was. How long could / can Nato sit by and watch??

Lol , boy even
That's what a number of European countries thought when Hitler invaded Poland. England's foreign minister at the time thought England should stay out of any confrontation with Hitler - which turned out to be exactly wrong. Churchill could see that Hitler wasn't going to stop - just as Putin won't stop with just Ukraine. Putin has stated that the collapse of the former USSR was his biggest embarrassment, and he wants to rebuild it as it was. How long could / can Nato sit
Lol, not even close. I don't like putin one bit but to compare him, his ambitions, or his motives to Hitler is laughable.

I think our entire country needs to read the rise and fall of the third Reich. Maybe then we can quit comparing everything we don't like to Hitler.

China is the biggest threat to our country and future in my opinion. Biden just happens to be owned by Ukraine, Russia and China so it really doesn't look too positive for us from where I'm sitting. jmho

Lol , boy even

Lol, not even close. I don't like putin one bit but to compare him, his ambitions, or his motives to Hitler is laughable.

I think our entire country needs to read the rise and fall of the third Reich. Maybe then we can quit comparing everything we don't like to Hitler.
Authoritarianism is authoritarianism. You either have free democracy - or you have authoritarian dictators controlling everything. Even a lot of heavy hitters in the Republican party have spoken out about the T**** ideology as a plan to turn our democracy into an authoritarian dictatorship. I guess they don't want their "goose w/ golden eggs" marketplace to be overtaken by a fascist regime.

Hitler is just the recognizable name tied to fascist, authoritarian style dictatorship. Many people today wouldn't even recognize who Mussolini was, or recognize the other authoritarian dictators that run countries these days. Hitler's name is widely recognized for the evil he was and tried to rule the world with that ideology. I agree China is the biggest threat to world democracy - right alongside Putin. For anyone who likes that style of authoritarian dictatorship ......... best to move to one of those countries and see how much "freedom" you have there.

That's what a number of European countries thought when Hitler invaded Poland. England's foreign minister at the time thought England should stay out of any confrontation with Hitler - which turned out to be exactly wrong. Churchill could see that Hitler wasn't going to stop - just as Putin won't stop with just Ukraine. Putin has stated that the collapse of the former USSR was his biggest embarrassment, and he wants to rebuild it as it was. How long could / can Nato sit by and watch??
Enough with comparing Putin to Hitler. Ideologically they may be the same, but their militaristic might is nowhere even close to being the same. It took Hitler approximately 30 days to conquer Poland and 45 days to conquer Belgium, the Netherlands, and France. Putin has been fighting with Ukraine for almost two years and controls approximately 10% of the country. Please explain how he is going to conquer Europe or even rebuild the USSR with his current military and hired mercenaries.

Now can we please get back to talking about the stock market?

Ukraine was/is one of the most corrupt countries in Europe.
And I really don’t care, but I do care that our tax dollars are being sent by the billions to support them. Extremely shady on the part of almost all of the USA’s politicians that are just getting rich from it.
I would much rather see us getting along with Russia, when we had free trade with them it was better for both countries. The fur prices made it worth trapping and they bought all the extra grain our farmers could produce. The Russian threat is a head fake.
China is most definitely the biggest threat to the US and the world right now.

As far as the stock market, last month I was loosing $30K a week after the Palestinian attack. Had to shift everything into a stable fund. I’m wanting to retire in a couple years I can’t afford that kind of hemorrhaging with my 401K.
I miss the Trump market and international trade, I don’t care how big of a narcissist he is.

A great read from high above the flat earth. Why nothing makes sense, and it seems like you're the only one that has that gut feeling something isn't right and bad things are on the horizon.

CELH is down big right now and should come back a lot in my opinion. I threw some money at it this morning at $51 a share. It's down in price due to a 3-1 split so the numbers are pretty accurate of supposedly being down 67%. If that made sense to anyone.

Last edited:
CELH is down big right now and should come back a lot in my opinion. I threw some money at it this morning at $51 a share. It's down in price due to a 3-1 split so the numbers are pretty accurate of supposedly being down 67%. If that made sense to anyone.
What's got your eye about them?

They look to be on the rise and are fast becoming more popular. Look up the projections for them compared to their peers and they look like they will take off pretty soon. I'm not much of a chartist myself, being that the markets haven't behaved like they should lately. I'm more of a find something gaining popularity and market share kind of guy. Just try to find one or two stocks BEFORE they make the huge run up.

Maybe I'll be the next Jim Cramer---do the opposite of whatever I say and be wealthy beyond belief.

I'm just buying and holding any stock shares at this point. Not trying to make a fast buck by selling high and buying low right now, just holding. I think most stocks will have record days right after the next presidential election. jmho

I'm just buying and holding any stock shares at this point. Not trying to make a fast buck by selling high and buying low right now, just holding. I think most stocks will have record days right after the next presidential election. jmho
That's cool. I don't have a crystal ball either. If I did, I'd have done a lot of things differently.

Sure would be nice if the "experts" actually had any good news and valuable advice. Doesn't seem that anyone besides Warren Buffet knows what to do with this market.

Looks like I'll be working until my last day alive. Also starting to hope that's not too far off.

Last edited:
I am being told by a stock broker buddy on wall street that small caps (iwl) and bond fund tlt are the cheapest relative to valuation he has seen in years. Idk if its a good idea, but I did buy some of those.

I am being told by a stock broker buddy on wall street that small caps (iwl) and bond fund tlt are the cheapest relative to valuation he has seen in years. Idk if its a good idea, but I did buy some of those.

Ok, I’ll bite. I just bought some TLT. I’m also selling calls on it just in case it begins a slide again.

I also started a position in NVO yesterday. Morningstar seems to think they’ll lead the way for the first few years on the new diabetes/weight loss GLP-1 drugs. Estimates are that in 8 years, 1 in 12 Americans will be taking these injections. I think it’s going to be much higher than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I think more than one in twelve. Im going to look into nvo.

So BABAis now below its 2014 ipo price. 2014 revenue 12.3 b, 2023 revenue 126b. 10x increase in revenue but lower share price. Was told to buy and hold. Verdict: Severly undervalued