Stock Market is the bottom in?

Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Artificial Intelligence (Human aided software requires our input) I’m not to sure why he is scared of AAI

...........a monumental conspiracy to generate confusion

bill

What is AI? AAI?

bill
Bill,

AI is Artificial Intelligence. These are behind the engines of today's social media. The information the present to folks is based on their engagement and is trained to maximize that engagement. The effect is that more extreme content is amplified and less provocative content is attenuated. Because it is customized based on the user's engagement, the information presented tends to reinforce a persons viewpoint rather than challenge them. There is not nefarious motive here from left or right. The intent is to maximize profit through maximizing user engagement. This drives already like-minded people further together and makes them think others outside the "tribe" have nefarious motives. It has increased the divisions within the country.

AAI is Automatic Artificial Intelligence. I'm not even sure that it is yet a ubiquitous term. A recent book by Henry Kissinger, Eric Schmidt, and Danial Huttenlocher is the first place I've seen it described. The basics of AI were developed back in the 70's when I was in college, but it has only been in the recent decade or so that the confluence of hardware (NVIDIA GPUs) and large training sets via the internet allowed for AI to be practical. There are a variety of AI algorithms. Probably the most common is Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) which is used in visual recognition systems. Today, humans identify a problem they want to apply AI against. They then select the appropriate AI algorithm and train it with a large data training set. Once trained, it can quickly spit out high accurate answers to previously unseen input. For example, in a visual recognition system, you could feed in a picture and it would tell you there is a bird sitting on a tree limb in the picture.

AAI is used by Schmidt (former Google CEO) to describe the next stage, when he predicts machines will begin selecting which problem set to attack.

While AI is having a near term impact in dividing the country with social media replacing broadcast media as the primary information source for many, it has potential for a much larger impact in military applications which are driving it. Kissinger was the primary author much of our current diplomatic underpinnings. Concepts like Mutually Assured Destruction came from him. They are largely based on a human decision making timelines. Current military strategies are largely observe–orient–decide–act (OODA) based. That is changing with AI systems becoming more ubiquitous. Decision times are shrinking. With AAI coming down the pike, this feeds back into needing new diplomatic underpinnings. When we add the complication of the emergence of quantum computing, it makes me ponder the question: "Can mankind handle our non-linear increase in the rate of change we are experiencing"?

That is the best I can describe AI and AAI and how they relate to my previous post here. If you are interest in one view of the future, the name of the book is The Age of AI and Our Humanity. Some pretty smart folks authored it.

Thanks,

Jack

Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Artificial Intelligence (Human aided software requires our input) I’m not to sure why he is scared of AAI
AAI in this not Artificial Artificial Intelligence in the context I was using it. This is an older and more common use of that abbreviation, but not what I was referring to.

Thanks,

Jack

Smart as in they think boys can get pregnant or smart as in they invent things?

Smart as in they think boys can get pregnant or smart as in they invent things?
I simply mean the are intelligent folks with a broad range of relevant experience.

JP Morgan up nice today. The banks are priced pretty fair right now.

I'm not coming out of the bunker yet.

I'm not coming out of the bunker yet.
You made 1 good call. It's hard to make 2 but it can be done. Often when the market rebounds.... FWIW.....the first few days of that 9anticipated) rebound are the very best and you would hate to miss that by reatching for the last bit of the downturn.
There was a time when I used to (try to) time the market but that was in my comparative "youth".. Reacted to too many head fakes for me. I think today I would be better at it. Im an allocation guy today.....and simply ignore market moves and stick to my asset allocation.....for the most part. Good luck.

You made 1 good call. It's hard to make 2 but it can be done. Often when the market rebounds.... FWIW.....the first few days of that 9anticipated) rebound are the very best and you would hate to miss that by reatching for the last bit of the downturn.
There was a time when I used to (try to) time the market but that was in my comparative "youth".. Reacted to too many head fakes for me. I think today I would be better at it. Im an allocation guy today.....and simply ignore market moves and stick to my asset allocation.....for the most part. Good luck.
I'm just riding along with the fed. That's been the winner all the way back to 1985. They're promising lots more pain going forward. They won't have a stop point, which is most scary, because they'd have to admit they cannot control inflation. They can't end the war on energy, war on food, staff the railroad, open chinese factories, or stop the resetters from releasing new viruses.

At the beginning of the year I had guessed the markets would go +45% this year on the idea the fed had zero intention of actually going through with raising rates and draining the money supply. Well they did, and now we've got this. We're 3 months into the great monetary undoing, and there's already blood everywhere.

It's just one guy's opinion. I've made predictions back 15 years and I was 100% wrong from 2007 up to the beginning of covid. I missed the great Obama buyback the fed facilitated. Covid was easy because with that much money flying around, it only had a few places to go, and the race was on once we discovered the covid alarmism was way overdone.

I'm just riding along with the fed. That's been the winner all the way back to 1985. They're promising lots more pain going forward. They won't have a stop point, which is most scary, because they'd have to admit they cannot control inflation. They can't end the war on energy, war on food, staff the railroad, open chinese factories, or stop the resetters from releasing new viruses.

At the beginning of the year I had guessed the markets would go +45% this year on the idea the fed had zero intention of actually going through with raising rates and draining the money supply. Well they did, and now we've got this. We're 3 months into the great monetary undoing, and there's already blood everywhere.

It's just one guy's opinion. I've made predictions back 15 years and I was 100% wrong from 2007 up to the beginning of covid. I missed the great Obama buyback the fed facilitated. Covid was easy because with that much money flying around, it only had a few places to go, and the race was on once we discovered the covid alarmism was way overdone.
Nobody bats 1000. Ever.

Saw this posted on Facebook....and think it deserves consideration.

Check history for yourself. My opinion on things I found, maybe right, maybe wrong, but worth asking questions none the less.
The Central Banking system ran by the globalist elites usually fails every 50 years or so, as it runs its course, runs out of money, and needs to change currency backed by something else usually in the background shadows.
The current fiat Federal Reserve Note system was changed coincidentally in 1973 when it changed from a gold backed to a petrol backed currency.
Strange thing is they look like they are running the exact same distracting playbook they used then.
Back then they used distractions like war when they could push one, a gas/energy shortage or pricing through the roof, the dollar losing value, high inflation rates, some federal government scandal, mass shootings seeking gun control to disarm us, problems with pollution or other effecting earth's climate and the end of the planet, and some sort of mass pandemic or humanity ending issue requiring the government to control us and save us from extermination.
Familiar? We keep falling into it time and time again.
Sounding a little familiar to those who have been through this before?
Timing is everything. Wake up time is now, this time it ends here and now.
You do your research and connect the dots as you do, but this must not continue again.

I am young enough that this 4 year blip in the stock market won’t hurt me long term. But for those that are in their retirement age this is going to hurt. I heard $2.5 million is what you need to retire now.

My wife and I have 3.5-4mil as our retirement goal. We are about 25 years from retirement, and we’ll on track to make that happen. I pulled both of our 401K’s out of the market in October when the Chinese housing market was defaulting. That sets us up perfect to take advantage of this correction like o did with the 2020 dip. I got lucky on that one and was out of the market with over half of my account, got back in less than a week from the bottom and rode the rose back up. Hopefully I can time it that well again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anticipate the Fed to make 2 more 50 basis points raises in next 2 months ... there is even some talk the next raise may be a 75 or 100 basis point raise to shock the system.

My wife and I have 3.5-4mil as our retirement goal. We are about 25 years from retirement, and we’ll on track to make that happen. I pulled both of our 401K’s out of the market in October when the Chinese housing market was defaulting. That sets us up perfect to take advantage of this correction like o did with the 2020 dip. I got lucky on that one and was out of the market with over half of my account, got back in less than a week from the bottom and rode the rose back up. Hopefully I can time it that well again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s a great goal. I never pull money from the market. I ride it out. But I don’t buy risky stocks much anymore. The low PE dividend stocks seem to hold their own during the downturn!

Valero Energy, Pioneer N Resources, Altria, General Mills, Case IH .. either up, steady or down just a bit.

My wife and I have 3.5-4mil as our retirement goal. We are about 25 years from retirement,
3.5-4 million in 25 years is around 2 million today.