All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

The whole DC circus is a complete scam...I miss Trump. He was a narcissistic ego freak but he sure knew how to manage the country better than the crap show shysters running it into the ground now.

I've lost over $300K from my 401K this year already.
It’s a good thing I have a great job and that I don’t mind doing it…I may have to keep working way longer than I planned, way to go Brandon!

I don't think that's accurate. The value of your mortgage will decrease over time. Inflation shrinks debt the same way it shrinks capital. The absolute last place I would ever put my money in times of high inflation is toward my mortgage.

When you see your mortgage rate go from 2.5% to 6-7% you'll rethink that.

The whole DC circus is a complete scam...I miss Trump. He was a narcissistic ego freak but he sure knew how to manage the country better than the crap show shysters running it into the ground now.

I've lost over $300K from my 401K this year already.
It’s a good thing I have a great job and that I don’t mind doing it…I may have to keep working way longer than I planned, way to go Brandon!
It's not a scam. I can't say any more than that. It gets too real.

887433718f93905580fb90f7863eb35c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you see your mortgage rate go from 2.5% to 6-7% you'll rethink that.

Why would anyone accept terms like that? Did you get an adjustable rate mortgage?

Why would anyone accept terms like that? Did you get an adjustable rate mortgage?

I have an open account business loan, it’s kinda like a HELOC, but secured different. If has an adjustable rate, it is currently at 4%, but it resets every 30 days . I have been trying to pay it down as much as I can, without it hurting me. Luckily I really don’t owe much on it, so the actual interest isn’t that much, but I have a couple larger amounts I ordered a couple months ago that will more then likely be added onto it.

I have an open account business loan, it’s kinda like a HELOC, but secured different. If has an adjustable rate, it is currently at 4%, but it resets every 30 days . I have been trying to pay it down as much as I can, without it hurting me. Luckily I really don’t owe much on it, so the actual interest isn’t that much, but I have a couple larger amounts I ordered a couple months ago that will more then likely be added onto it.

That's not a mortgage, though. The way fixed rate mortgages are structured is extremely friendly to the loan taker. And the recent rate drop should have allowed most people with questionable terms on their loan to either refinance or remortgage at an excellent APR.

Right, my home mortgage is at like 1.9% on a 10 year loan, with about 8.5 years remaining. I was just stating there are loans out there that are still adjustable rates. I have basically had one since I started a business.

That's not a mortgage, though. The way fixed rate mortgages are structured is extremely friendly to the loan taker. And the recent rate drop should have allowed most people with questionable terms on their loan to either refinance or remortgage at an excellent APR.

I'd add a few caveats to that. If you are young, got your mortgage before rates started climbing, and have not intention of moving in the near future, you are in the cat bird seed in an inflationary environment. Your earnings are likely to rise with inflation paying back the loan using money with less purchasing power than when the loan was taken. On the other hand, if you are nearing retirement and plan on selling your house to retire, you don't benefit...Unless the loan is assumable. Folks on a fixed income really get hit. I'm glad I did not retire on schedule.

Thanks,

Jack

I'd add a few caveats to that. If you are young, got your mortgage before rates started climbing, and have not intention of moving in the near future, you are in the cat bird seed in an inflationary environment. Your earnings are likely to rise with inflation paying back the loan using money with less purchasing power than when the loan was taken. On the other hand, if you are nearing retirement and plan on selling your house to retire, you don't benefit...Unless the loan is assumable. Folks on a fixed income really get hit. I'm glad I did not retire on schedule.

Thanks,

Jack
There is no cat bird seat in this economy. We are all going down the crapper with this moron running things. This is just the beginning. Much of the middle class is running up credit cards. Wait till the light goes off that prices aren’t going back down. Hopefully it starts to dawn on the clueless soon, if they get a 401k statement it will be apparent very soon. Of coarse, there are no more mean tweets so maybe they are happy. They stole one election so I have no hopes that any election will fix this mess. Buckle up the next ten years are going to suck. Of coarse the moron is owned by China so we may not make it another 10 years.

There is no cat bird seat in this economy. We are all going down the crapper with this moron running things. This is just the beginning. Much of the middle class is running up credit cards. Wait till the light goes off that prices aren’t going back down. Hopefully it starts to dawn on the clueless soon, if they get a 401k statement it will be apparent very soon. Of coarse, there are no more mean tweets so maybe they are happy. They stole one election so I have no hopes that any election will fix this mess. Buckle up the next ten years are going to suck. Of coarse the moron is owned by China so we may not make it another 10 years.

It is pretty easy to blame politicians and there is plenty to go around on both sides of the isle. Blunders abound. Like every other economic period, we will see winners and losers.

Right now , AI dividing us apart. Few can see the perspective of those they oppose. Even more scary is the potential of AAI on the horizon. Decision making time frames are shrinking. Today, Profit = Attention. Attention = outrageous. AI amplifies the outlandish from all perspectives and attenuates basic truth. With no common set of actual facts and objective truth, every tribe has their own. If we can't recover from the way AI is currently used, how will we ever deal with the emergence of AAI. Eric Schmidt tries to paint a hopeful technology picture, but I'm not sanguine.

What ever happened to "count your blessings"...

The objective truth is Brandon is an incompetent, compromised, moron. The actual facts are $5 gas going higher, $75 a bag for groceries, border wide open, war with Russia, owned by China, interest rates up, stock market down, starving babies, and no plan to fix any of it other than more of what caused it. Were the people on the Titanic counting their blessings?

The objective truth is Brandon is an incompetent, compromised, moron. The actual facts are $5 gas going higher, $75 a bag for groceries, border wide open, war with Russia, owned by China, interest rates up, stock market down, starving babies, and no plan to fix any of it other than more of what caused it. Were the people on the Titanic counting their blessings?
Perfect example of the effect I described.

Perfect example of the effect I described.
So you dispute those facts? You live in an alternate universe. You can’t dispute one of those facts. Go ahead and try since you know everything.

So you dispute those facts? You live in an alternate universe. You can’t dispute one of those facts. Go ahead and try since you know everything.
Your reply demonstrates my point.

Exactly, Mr. Know-it-all can't back up any of his bullshit with facts. There are still facts in this world and you lefties don't get to make them up.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Exactly, Mr. Know-it-all can't back up any of his bullshit with facts. There are still facts in this world and you lefties don't get to make them up.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Another great example. We no longer thoughtfully consider other views but instead we characterize and demean those that are not in our tribe. Both left and right do this. :emoji_smile: ...In this case...mischaracterize...

Another great example. We no longer thoughtfully consider other views but instead we characterize and demean those that are not in our tribe. Both left and right do this. :emoji_smile: ...In this case...mischaracterize...
What are your views? I thought we were talking actual facts, not views. Is gas not $5 and going higher? Are groceries not $75 a bag? Is the border not wide open? Are we not at war with Russia? Did China not give the Bidens millions of dollars? Are interest rates down? Is the stock market up? Is there really no baby formula shortage? I don’t demean you because you are not in my tribe, I demean you because you are a pompous jack ass that thinks he knows everything and wants to make sure you tell everyone that you know everything. All you post is your opinions, never actual facts and the objective truth. No one gives two shits what you have to say on any topic ever. If they make through two sentences of your drivel they reliaze you are just a blow hard that likes to hear himself talk.

What are your views? I thought we were talking actual facts, not views. Is gas not $5 and going higher? Are groceries not $75 a bag? Is the border not wide open? Are we not at war with Russia? Did China not give the Bidens millions of dollars? Are interest rates down? Is the stock market up? Is there really no baby formula shortage? I don’t demean you because you are not in my tribe, I demean you because you are a pompous jack ass that thinks he knows everything and wants to make sure you tell everyone that you know everything. All you post is your opinions, never actual facts and the objective truth. No one gives two shits what you have to say on any topic ever. If they make through two sentences of your drivel they reliaze you are just a blow hard that likes to hear himself talk.
My views are the ones I express in the post. I see a country that is further and further divided by the amplification of extreme views on both sides. I freely acknowledge that I don't have the answers to this dilemma, but it does not bode well for our ability to manage emerging AAI. As for political views, I would generally describe them as generally Buckley-esk conservative.

Too often we conflate correlation with causation. :emoji_smile: