Stock Market is the bottom in?

Right there with you. I have 4K shares but I still believe.
I bought in when it was to high. I wont be offloading them any time soon. It's only 0.2% of our holdings so i don't really care what happens.

Anyone have much for apple and amazon on here? Lets just say it's been a good year.

No but as much as I hate it, Amazon leaves a stack of sh1t on my step every day.

Dec 2, 2021

What History Says About Amazon Stock in December​

The Amazon Maven looks at Amazon stock’s historical performance in December and draws important conclusions about owning shares at current levels.
Daniel Martins
The last month of the year has rolled in. Over the next 30 days, investors hope that Amazon stock (AMZN) - Get Amazon.com, Inc. Report will add to its relatively modest 8% gain produced so far in 2021, which has been market-lagging by nearly 20 percentage points.
Today, the Amazon Maven looks back at AMZN’s historical performance in December. Has this been a seasonally strong period for the stock? What should investors expect to see in the next four weeks?
Figure 1: Amazon fulfilment center.

AMZN=Too rich for my blood. NVDA is 1/7th of that and I have a hard time buying them.

AMZN=Too rich for my blood. NVDA is 1/7th of that and I have a hard time buying them.
You - and anyone else on this site - can own them both and several other "high-flyer" stocks with mutual funds displaying outstanding performance for over 20-33+ years.
Info from 3 different mutual fund companies (among the biggest in the industry .......
a blue chip growth fund top 10 holdings (46.11% of holdings) APPLE, AMAZON, GOOGLE, ALPHABET, MICROSOFT, NVDA/NVIDIA, FACEBOOK (now META), MRVL MARVELL, TESLA, LYFT, SALESFORCE
second blue chip growth fund top 10 holdings (53.78% of holdings) ALPHABET, AMAZON, MICROSOFT, META, APPLE, VISA, SERVICE NOW, SEA, INTUIT, NETFLIX
a US growth fund (39.20% of holdings) - top 10 include MICROSOFT, AMAZON, APPLE, ALPHABET, TESLA, SHOPIFY, NVIDA, NETFLIX, META, ADOBE
#1 LARGEST US FUND (S & P 500 ETF) (only 27% of all holdings in the top 10) APPLE, MICROSOFT, AMAZON, META, ALPHABET, BERKSHIRE, TESLA, NVIDA, JP MORGAN CHASE
The first 3 funds mentioned ALL experienced superior performance for 1,3,5, and 10 years (the 1st one mentioned beat 500 index funds - ave annualized return /33 yrs) - all 3 beat virtually ALL S & P 500 index funds for all time periods
As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, a fund like the 4th one listed above for comparison (with only 27% in the giddy-up stocks) has a higher percentage of mediocre (loser or slugs is too harsh) stocks in the fund. One of the blue chip growth funds mentioned above went up by more than 3+% today

Last edited:
You - and anyone else on this site - can own them both and several other "high-flyer" stocks with mutual funds displaying outstanding performance for over 20-33+ years.
Info from 3 different mutual fund companies (among the biggest in the industry .......
a blue chip growth fund top 10 holdings (46.11% of holdings) APPLE, AMAZON, GOOGLE, ALPHABET, MICROSOFT, NVDA/NVIDIA, FACEBOOK (now META), MRVL MARVELL, TESLA, LYFT, SALESFORCE
second blue chip growth fund top 10 holdings (53.78% of holdings) ALPHABET, AMAZON, MICROSOFT, META, APPLE, VISA, SERVICE NOW, SEA, INTUIT, NETFLIX
a US growth fund (39.20% of holdings) - top 10 include MICROSOFT, AMAZON, APPLE, ALPHABET, TESLA, SHOPIFY, NVIDA, NETFLIX, META, ADOBE
#1 LARGEST US FUND (S & P 500 ETF) (only 27% of all holdings in the top 10) APPLE, MICROSOFT, AMAZON, META, ALPHABET, BERKSHIRE, TESLA, NVIDA, JP MORGAN CHASE
The first 3 funds mentioned ALL experienced superior performance for 1,3,5, and 10 years (the 1st one mentioned beat 500 index funds - ave annualized return /33 yrs) - over virtually ALL S & P 500 index funds
As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, a fund like the 4th one listed above for comparison (with only 27% in the giddy-up stocks) has a higher percentage of mediocre (loser or slugs is too harsh) stocks in the fund. One of the blue chip growth funds mentioned above went up by more than 3+% today

And using a mutual fund eliminates individual company risk. You still have risk associated with the sector. Of course, you need to look at the fees and expense ratios associated with actively managed funds.

THanks,

Jack

Index funds are all I invest in nothing else well in the market at least.

This is what I currently hold in the account I manage by myself. Last 3-4 weeks really set it back from where it was. I have also have a SEP IRA and Roth IRA with an investment guy. Started this around March 1, and have been adding all year long. Wanted to learn how to do it myself and figured this was the best way to learn. I prefer to pick individual stocks. I have seen LCID, MTTR, DWAC up well over 100% and then come back down. Not looking for short term flips. Holding most of these for long term growth. Really like SOFI. Its my largest position and should do well regardless of what interest rates do. Really like Tesla and Costco as well. Costco hasnt really had a bad day since I bought it. Sold a couple bags of dog shit along the way when they hit my stop loss. Learned some valuable lessons along the way. I enjoy the challenge and endless knowledge this presents. Hoping to retire by 50.

I have Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Snapchat, Exxon, Chevron, Vanguard Growth ETF, Graco, Franklin Income advisor, Eventide health fund with my investment guy.

Capture.PNG

50 is a good number if you can pull it off that early. After 30 plus years in the workforce your good and tired of it for sure. I’m at 25 years at the same company and I’m absolutely tired of the BS. I can probably slip out the door at age 53-54 and still be vested in our pension just can’t collect it until age 60.

How much money is enough to retire on in today's world? Get another Biden in office and what could have been plenty won't be nearly enough. Guessing game unless you can make a few million for retirement. At this point retirement is just a pipe dream for most.

The continued devaluation of the dollar makes it extremely hard to target. Its only going to get worse after all this injected stimulus money. Just got to keep grinding I guess =).

We are up over 80% in the past two years. Thank God, because the next several years could eat away at a big portion of that if our "leaders" don't start leading.

How much money is enough to retire on in today's world? Get another Biden in office and what could have been plenty won't be nearly enough. Guessing game unless you can make a few million for retirement. At this point retirement is just a pipe dream for most.
There is some truth to your statement nobody knows what the future holds but I still plan and invest for retirement. But how much to have is pretty subjective one person may need very little to get by and be perfectly happy. Then there are others who couldn’t make it on a couple million in the bank. My wife and I will both receive pensions from my job. We will not collect SS however. She will also collect from her teachers retirement program. We also own rental properties and have farm income. In addition I max out 401k contributions every year to the federal limit of I think $19,500 for this calender year.
My 17 year old worked this year and made just a little over $3000 for the year not from me but on a W2. This was fantastic news to me he turns 18 in January. I told him I’d help him open an IRA thru Vanguard after his birthday so it wouldn’t need to be a custodial account. He will open the account with the $3000 minamum they require for a account that doesn’t require monthly contributions. I offered to fund the account for him but he decided to sell one of his 4 wheelers to fund it and put the money in a savings account until January. Probably the single best thing I can do for the kid so he has at least a fighting chance at retirement is getting him started early in life investing.

As info IRA’s can be funded for the previous calendar year as long as it’s before April 15th. Kids under 18 can have IRA’s but they have to show W2 income for the calendar year and contributions can’t be any higher than their income for that year. This prevents parents from opening accounts for newborns and funding them.

My Donald Trump social media stock is running today. I view the total addressable market worldwide as 1 billion + people. My wife and I have accumulated about 250 shares to this point (1/3 Roth). Last buy was in the high 30s. Brandon wasn't gonna make me any money so Trump had to step in. I expect this thing to remain highly volatile. No matter what a person thinks about Trump I objectively see HUGE upside to an alternative platform away from the current technocrats and speech police. Hope its a millionaire maker.

Capture.PNG

How much money is enough to retire on in today's world? Get another Biden in office and what could have been plenty won't be nearly enough. Guessing game unless you can make a few million for retirement. At this point retirement is just a
Anyone ever analyze buying land for retirement investment instead of stocks?

If you could buy and pay off enough land over 30 years, could you utilize revenue off the land for retirement? Or if need be, sell some of it to retire

I think land is a great investment---they can't make any more. Constant taxes suck! If you do something with the land for income you have to try to hide as much as possible from the government or pay out the wazoo in taxes. Land is going to be a rare commodity some day soon.

Anyone ever analyze buying land for retirement investment instead of stocks?

If you could buy and pay off enough land over 30 years, could you utilize revenue off the land for retirement? Or if need be, sell some of it to retire

Land costs money to own, so it should be able to generste some kind of income. This could be crops, a dwelling, permaculture, Christmas trees, hunting, timber, etc. But something should be covering the taxes and insurance.

If I had the money, I would buy a piece of land that was part forest and part cropland. I would timber several acres of the forest and use the money to replant it with black walnut. The cropland would hopefully cover the taxes while the walnut trees mature.

Land is a good investment or can be there are always area’s that are dead dogs however. Could really depend on your timeline for retirement as with anything else. If your buying cheep properties in a area like Detroit when mass exidous was happening idk how long you will have to sit on those investments to make a profit. Colorado was screaming hot before 2008 housing collapse and is pretty good as is most real estate right now. With the devaluation of the dollar (thanks dumbass Joe) property prices are soring. They will need to start aggressively raising interest rates I would think to fend off their runaway inflation. This is assuming they care about the American people and aren’t intentionally devaluing the dollar so we loss the world reserve currency status we currently enjoy. This would make China very happy oh wait who took bribes from the Chinese could it have been Biden’s boy Hunter. Never mind, probably never happened I better put my tinfoil hat back on the voices are talking to me agian.

Land is a good investment or can be there are always area’s that are dead dogs however. Could really depend on your timeline for retirement as with anything else. If your buying cheep properties in a area like Detroit when mass exidous was happening idk how long you will have to sit on those investments to make a profit. Colorado was screaming hot before 2008 housing collapse and is pretty good as is most real estate right now. With the devaluation of the dollar (thanks dumbass Joe) property prices are soring. They will need to start aggressively raising interest rates I would think to fend off their runaway inflation. This is assuming they care about the American people and aren’t intentionally devaluing the dollar so we loss the world reserve currency status we currently enjoy. This would make China very happy oh wait who took bribes from the Chinese could it have been Biden’s boy Hunter. Never mind, probably never happened I better put my tinfoil hat back on the voices are talking to me agian.
I don't know that the banksters give a rip about inflation. They've been lying all the way until about last week when powell and yellen finally admitted inflation is no longer transitory. Even at that, the gov works overtime messing around with the CPI to ensure accurate numbers aren't reflected. I think they want to destroy the dollar. It's a great way to force the great reset. You don't have to ban meat, travel, and having kids. You just make it so damn unaffordable that nobody does it.