Stock Market is the bottom in?

Have any of you looked at the numbers on gamestop or heard what they are trying to do?? Ryan Cohen (the founder of Chewy- an internet pet supplier with a market cap of $44 billion dollars) has intentions of taking Gamestop from a retail brick and mortar store to an E commerce based business and they have already brought a bunch of people in to do just that. Think netflix doing away with dvds in the mail and going onto the web. Netflix has a market cap just shy of $225 billion dollars. Gamestop currently has a market cap of $17.2 billion. Globally gaming is every bit as popular as movies. There is MASSIVE growth potential there to pull this off. The motivation for Cohen is the same motivation for every other billionaire on the planet......MORE.

On top of the awesome potential growth of the company is the fact that short sellers have a MASSIVE short position against this thing, and there simply aren't enough shares for them to cover the shorts. There is only 70 million shares of gamestop in total. 20 million of them cant trade cause they are held by upper management. A whole shitload of options contracts are coming due next Friday. What are those guys gonna do when they cant deliver the stock to the exchange? They are in deep shit. I have heard there are over 150 million shorts, and a bunch of these hedge fund assholes have naked shorts.

The guys I have been listening to on this think the potential market cap within 1 year is $80 billion. $80 billion divided by 70 million shares gives you a stock price of $1,142. As the shares climb in value the company might sell a little more stock from their treasury to raise capital to transform the business. Some of these guys are convinced we are gonna blow past $500 by next Friday. I would like at least some of this thing to be in my portfolio for a long time. I like the direction they are taking this company. Not really looking for a quick flip, but if it gets to some of these lofty numbers it will be hard not to sell.

Have any of you looked at the numbers on gamestop or heard what they are trying to do?? Ryan Cohen (the founder of Chewy- an internet pet supplier with a market cap of $44 billion dollars) has intentions of taking Gamestop from a retail brick and mortar store to an E commerce based business and they have already brought a bunch of people in to do just that. Think netflix doing away with dvds in the mail and going onto the web. Netflix has a market cap just shy of $225 billion dollars. Gamestop currently has a market cap of $17.2 billion. Globally gaming is every bit as popular as movies. There is MASSIVE growth potential there to pull this off. The motivation for Cohen is the same motivation for every other billionaire on the planet......MORE.

On top of the awesome potential growth of the company is the fact that short sellers have a MASSIVE short position against this thing, and there simply aren't enough shares for them to cover the shorts. There is only 70 million shares of gamestop in total. 20 million of them cant trade cause they are held by upper management. A whole shitload of options contracts are coming due next Friday. What are those guys gonna do when they cant deliver the stock to the exchange? They are in deep shit. I have heard there are over 150 million shorts, and a bunch of these hedge fund assholes have naked shorts.

The guys I have been listening to on this think the potential market cap within 1 year is $80 billion. $80 billion divided by 70 million shares gives you a stock price of $1,142. As the shares climb in value the company might sell a little more stock from their treasury to raise capital to transform the business. Some of these guys are convinced we are gonna blow past $500 by next Friday. I would like at least some of this thing to be in my portfolio for a long time. I like the direction they are taking this company. Not really looking for a quick flip, but if it gets to some of these lofty numbers it will be hard not to sell.

So what is the moat around that business? Sounds highly competitive to me. Netflix...Maybe....Blockbuster...Maybe. Big gamble!

Then why hasnt anyone stepped up to the plate already?? Google, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, etc.... From what I gather Gamestop has an extremely loyal customer base. A store just for gamers. There aren't many around. Up to this point it has been more profitable to patrol free speech and thought than to develop the world's premier online worldwide gaming platform that will eventually have leagues, tournament, online stores, etc.

A lot of what goes into the price of a stock is the FUTURE potential. What's it gonna be down the road?? Take a look at Tesla's market cap compared to Ford, GM and Chrysler and then compare the amount of cars on the road and you will know what I mean. People like to invest in potential, and people like trusted brands. I've been buying the same work boots for ten years. Price isnt an obstacle. Love the brand.

Then why hasnt anyone stepped up to the plate already?? Google, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, etc.... From what I gather Gamestop has an extremely loyal customer base. A store just for gamers. There aren't many around. Up to this point it has been more profitable to patrol free speech and thought than to develop the world's premier online worldwide gaming platform that will eventually have leagues, tournament, online stores, etc.

A lot of what goes into the price of a stock is the FUTURE potential. What's it gonna be down the road?? Take a look at Tesla's market cap compared to Ford, GM and Chrysler and then compare the amount of cars on the road and you will know what I mean. People like to invest in potential, and people like trusted brands. I've been buying the same work boots for ten years. Price isnt an obstacle. Love the brand.

Yep, Sony Beta Max was a superior product at the beginning of a wave and had a heck of a loyal customer base.

Way up today on light volume. The shorts need to buy a ton of stock.

Capture.PNG

Been following this for a few months. GME is only worth about $5. Long term on this one is very risky. Roaring kitty is what keith gill goes by on social media---he's the living legend that started this run on GME. Also known as deepfuckingvalue on WSB.

Then why hasnt anyone stepped up to the plate already?? Google, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, etc....

Microsoft has such a service.

If a president implements policies which hinder the free flow of oil or the drilling for oil and gas, of course he's responsible. If Trump had done this, you'd be the first to call him out on it. You voted for Biden, so you voted for the green new deal, bailing out failed blue cities and states, BLM and Antifa, destruction of the labor market by letting in millions of illegal immigrants, restricting the first and second amendment, boys dressing up like girls so they can compete in sports and more national debt. The bonds which US taxpayers pay interest to the Chinese so they can build up their military to kill American boys. Biden voters are complicit in all of this. If you say you didn't know, then you're either extremely gullible or very stupid.
Don't blame Joe. We don't know who's actually president right now.

I don't have enough time left in the day to try and name them all. Hey--you see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe.

I don't have enough time left in the day to try and name them all. Hey--you see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe.
Name me 3. Maybe we are on different wavelengths here. I ask because I'm trying to understand what you mean.

Last edited:
1. Wall on the border
2. lower taxes
3. travel restrictions when the "pandemic" was first starting

4. Calling out fake news(this one is a bonus)

1. Wall on the border
2. lower taxes
3. travel restrictions when the "pandemic" was first starting
Got it. We are talking about different things. You are talking politics and I'm talking markets.

Credit or blame is in the eye of the beholder. My point was not to criticize or promote any particular president and I was not talking about actions. I was talking about impacts on the market. The effects of the policies, positive or negative, will largely be felt after the president left office. The impact on the stock market was based on the expectations of what would happen. The same is true for Biden and has been for all presidents. They get credit or blame (depending on your perspective) for effects outside their control.

Last edited:
You can't say God doesn't have a sense of humor, when he put all those rare earth battery metals underneath the area near Duluth and the boundary waters.

"You can have battery powered cars, or wolves and wilderness. But you can't have both."

Dumped Apple and put the money into DMTK. I hope it makes a big move next week.

Talked to my real estate guy and my single family houses are easily worth 3-4 times what I paid for them. Thinking about selling them if I can do a 1031 on some new investment properties.

Bummer oil prices are up, but my MRO stock is up about 150%. I will probably be putting more into oil in the next few months. I have no idea when the inflation is going to kick in, but I will probably be going toward gold soon if the price comes down a bit more.

Dumped Apple and put the money into DMTK. I hope it makes a big move next week.

Talked to my real estate guy and my single family houses are easily worth 3-4 times what I paid for them. Thinking about selling them if I can do a 1031 on some new investment properties.

Bummer oil prices are up, but my MRO stock is up about 150%. I will probably be putting more into oil in the next few months. I have no idea when the inflation is going to kick in, but I will probably be going toward gold soon if the price comes down a bit more.
You are still early enough on the train. I added 400 more shares last week. I also own MRO, got in at 3.23. Take a look at LPI. They were going through a share dilution when all the other oil stocks took off. They are way behind their peers and just started trending up this week. I have enough oil stock I hope Biden runs gas to $4, in addition my commute to work is 12 miles.

Political policies have significant impacts on the stock market, both short and long-term. Bickering over political positions might be better reserved for its own thread limiting politics here to how particular political policies may impact the market. I'm all for tangents in general and they can sometimes be the best part of a thread, but in this case, I think we are better off relating any political policies to impact on the market. Just my thoughts.... :emoji_thinking:

Got it. We are talking about different things. You are talking politics and I'm talking markets.

Credit or blame is in the eye of the beholder. My point was not to criticize or promote any particular president and I was not talking about actions. I was talking about impacts on the market. The effects of the policies, positive or negative, will largely be felt after the president left office. The impact on the stock market was based on the expectations of what would happen. The same is true for Biden and has been for all presidents. They get credit or blame (depending on your perspective) for effects outside their control.
Trump cut taxes and regulations and the market soared. Trump got trillions in stimulus early in the pandemic saving the market and it soared. Biden adds trillions of more money and the market gobbles it up. Eventually the money runs out and you are left with policies. Biden‘s policies will tank the economy and China will rule the world. China is salivating at us using less fossil fuels, more for them to buy cheaper. Trump gets no credit for getting us to be energy independent and trying to stop the gas pipeline from Russia to Germany. We pay to protect Germany from Russia and they buy their energy from them? Biden stops our pipeline so we can buy more foreign oil. Biden rules with zero common sense. Look no further than the current border situation. Again, all these policies together will eventually out weigh all the money they are printing.