Stock Market is the bottom in?

I actually think the market will finish lower in 2021. Some stocks will do well, oil and value, certain tech stocks with great earnings. I think we will see some stocks get crushed as well. High PE values on many stocks, they will have to produce cash eventually.

When we are giving jobs away like we did before we had Trump it can't help this country. Invest in other countries is a much better bet. Credit cards should set new records by a huge margin.

I just doubled my position in dmtk. Figured I'd be nice and give you guys another buying opportunity. Averaged in at $58 now in my IRA. No whammies.

I just doubled my position in dmtk. Figured I'd be nice and give you guys another buying opportunity. Averaged in at $58 now in my IRA. No whammies.
I am going to be a hero or zero. I added another 400 shares for 1900 the last 2 days. The good news is now I only need it to go to 525 to retire. Seriously, I will sell some off as it goes up because it is throwing my portfolio off.

I am going to be a hero or zero. I added another 400 shares for 1900 the last 2 days. The good news is now I only need it to go to 525 to retire. Seriously, I will sell some off as it goes up because it is throwing my portfolio off.

I have just a 100 that I’m holding and I’ve been buying and selling another 100 with these ups and downs. Got back in today at 46.50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably going to be a controversial opinion, but I suspect the VAST majority of people on this forum and and anyone outside of professional investors would do better parking their money into more conservative investments. There are dozens of studies that have shown time in the market beats timing the market. Here is a great article about how people who do the least with their investments tend to do best: https://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com/fidelitys-best-investors-are-dead/.

I don't doubt that there are some that have made one-off investments that have outperformed the market, but how many here have actually gone back and done the math to see if they would have been truly better off than with more conservative investments for each of their trades? Firms pay billions of dollars to be a few hundred feet closer to the NYSE for fractions of a second advantages on trades, have hundreds of professionals on the payroll, and yet still struggle to out-perform the market year in and year out.

I get that it's fun to be a little more active with our money and feel like we can choose winners. But statistically, it's not in the cards. We all want the ability to buy a new piece of property, some shiny equipment, or a put in a new pond, but some gambles are riskier than others. I'm a firm believer in "to each their own", but I also hope no one here thinks their going to make it rich by YOLO'ing and end up worse off than choosing some default retirement options. Just my not so sober two cents.

Halfway through happy hour, Cheers!

This is probably going to be a controversial opinion, but I suspect the VAST majority of people on this forum and and anyone outside of professional investors would do better parking their money into more conservative investments. There are dozens of studies that have shown time in the market beats timing the market. Here is a great article about how people who do the least with their investments tend to do best: https://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com/fidelitys-best-investors-are-dead/.

I don't doubt that there are some that have made one-off investments that have outperformed the market, but how many here have actually gone back and done the math to see if they would have been truly better off than with more conservative investments for each of their trades? Firms pay billions of dollars to be a few hundred feet closer to the NYSE for fractions of a second advantages on trades, have hundreds of professionals on the payroll, and yet still struggle to out-perform the market year in and year out.

I get that it's fun to be a little more active with our money and feel like we can choose winners. But statistically, it's not in the cards. We all want the ability to buy a new piece of property, some shiny equipment, or a put in a new pond, but some gambles are riskier than others. I'm a firm believer in "to each their own", but I also hope no one here thinks their going to make it rich by YOLO'ing and end up worse off than choosing some default retirement options. Just my not so sober two cents.

Absolutely noting controversial there. That is exactly what the data shows. I was young and foolish and arrogantly thought I was smarter than others... I wasted lots of money over my younger years. Like many, I was subdued by a few big wins. Now, it is cash and S&P for the most part. I do have a small percent of very long term Roth money in some sector funds.

Thanks,

Jack

I think those professionals put more time into their haircuts and business cards than they do thinking about how to make anyone money. I can underperform the market just as good as they can, and I don't have to give them half of my dividends to do it. And for the interested, a disciplined asset allocation portfolio will trounced a market portfolio over the long term.

‘The World is fast learning there is no such thing as professional investors. A person at home on their computer with a little bit of knowledge can do just as good. If not better. Movement now is away from index funds. Why have the losers in there. Pick the winners and there’s a lot of money that can be made. I laughed when a “proffesional” told me his fees were worth it because he could do better than me. Ha, He wasn’t even close and I had 30 years of performance data that proved he did no better.

I believe they call it "pump and dump" over at wsb----I've never seen so many stupid people in one place ever in my life. They promote things to create a buzz about stocks that have little to no value to get others to invest. If you get enough people all doing it at the same time it inflates prices just long enough for the bastards to sell theirs and leave you holding the bag(losing your ass)

A short squeeze is very different from a pump-and-dump.

Been a couple good days. My stuff is headed in the right direction the last week, especially Snapchat. Couldn't help myself and bought 10 shares of Gamestop this morning to play with. They are undergoing a major transformation. Looks like Ryan Cohen is now gonna be chairman of the board and they have been making HUGE moves to head towards E-commerce platform. I like the stock a lot now that things have calmed down. They cleaned out a whole bunch of the old time pieces and hired a bunch of new young blood.

I got my wires a bit crossed as to what I was responding to.

What's happening with Games top is not a pump-and-dump. It's a short squeeze. They are fundamentally different in that a short squeeze is intended to force the holder of a put contract to buy shares from you at an inflated price. A pump-and-dump is predatory market manipulation that is not based on any already existing contracts. You can't do both to the same stock at the same time.

What's happening with Games top is not a pump-and-dump. It's a short squeeze. They are fundamentally different in that a short squeeze is intended to force the holder of a put contract to buy shares from you at an inflated price. A pump-and-dump is predatory market manipulation that is not based on any already existing contracts. You can't do both to the same stock at the same time.

Both are happening...

Our small work fund made over a million dollars last year on 5 individual stock. It cost us less than $60 . This shit ain't rocket surgery.

Our small work fund made over a million dollars last year on 5 individual stock. It cost us less than $60 . This shit ain't rocket surgery.

Yep, when the market is going up, everyone is a genius.... :emoji_smile: . But when the market is going down...and one or two of those 5 have an unexpected company specific risk materialize, geniuses quickly turn into fools. :emoji_thinking:

...and just so we don't have one of those on-going back and forths...

Yes, there is a big boy and some others making a short squeeze, no doubt. However, it is being done very publicly. Once hedge funds had to start covering and the price started going up, a very public campaign with a "stick it to the man" mentality got started. There are now lots of folks who jumped on board, buying the stock taking a short term gamble on the ride up. They are pumping the stock in this on-line campaign with the intention of dumping it before the sheep.

So yes, both things can and are going on at the same time, just by different groups of folks. When game stop tumbles, you'll know the dump has occurred.

Thanks,

Jack

...and just so we don't have one of those on-going back and forths...

Yes, there is a big boy and some others making a short squeeze, no doubt. However, it is being done very publicly. Once hedge funds had to start covering and the price started going up, a very public campaign with a "stick it to the man" mentality got started. There are now lots of folks who jumped on board, buying the stock taking a short term gamble on the ride up. They are pumping the stock in this on-line campaign with the intention of dumping it before the sheep.

So yes, both things can and are going on at the same time, just by different groups of folks. When game stop tumbles, you'll know the dump has occurred.

Thanks,

Jack

That's not what a pump and dump is. Making money while the stock is on the way up is scalping.