Stock Market is the bottom in?

I doubt that most folks reach the 401k max to stop paying into their 401k’s earlier in the year so why do you feel January will see a large increase in contributions?
For Roth IRAs this is the case, but I think it might be April for the deadline for last year's tax return. But to your point, probably not a lot of people are even doing that, or it is already priced into the market.

I didn’t think about IRA’s good point.

The world runs on war. The economy would be in major trouble if there were peace and good health throughout the world.
Doesn't say much for the state of mankind, does it?? Have mercy on us Lord.

I just keep on buying my boring beat down index funds. I’m unimaginative and lazy.
Over the long haul, indexes outperform actively-managed funds about 90% of the time. To me, it's not worth my time to try to hunt for the "needle in a haystack" fund. When Buffet says he's putting all his family's fortune in a Vanguard S & P 500 index fund once he's gone .......... that's enough for me. Extremely low expense ratios and very low tax bite generated in indexes. Market timing (successfully) has been shown to be nearly impossible on a recurring basis - in many different academic studies. Dollar-cost-averaging a set amount each week & reinvesting the dividends and interest builds a big snowball as it rolls down the hill of time.

I drive a 250k mile vehicle and live in a farmhouse I heat with wood.
250k miles on my F-150 4x4 too, Kooch!! We've heated our insulated house with mostly wood for years. Cozy. And the wood I cut myself for free, or at $15 a full cord. Wood bill each year = about $50.
Wife loves the cozy wood heat, too.

I built an ICF house a couple years ago and use an outdoor wood boiler to heat this home. I love my utility bills in the winter cost us very little versus AC running in the summer.

utility bills in the winter cost us very little versus AC running in the summer.
That's true!! Question - What's an ICF house?? Never heard the term.

Insulated Concrete Forms

Insulated Concrete Forms
Are those the pre-fabbed, set-in-place type ....... or fresh pour on-site? Either way, they make for a nice, tight house.

My basement walls are ICF. Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gray cat loves Generac. Too risky to buy and hold, so she’s going up on the pole. Could get bumpy as real estate takes on water. I’m betting their clientele will shift as the grid continues to fall apart and it becomes more everyday necessity vs prudent crisis prep.

Well, this trade is over for me for now. I got in at $94 and bucked off at $103. Not gonna sneeze at 9.6% in 10 trading days. It’s never my intention to get in and out. I’d rather get in and stay in, but when they go up fast, it’s outta my hands. If it gets back to $105 I’ll take another poke at it.

cd30eb7bae6be287115a32daacca80a2.jpg

New ideas for the board this week: TSN, SNAP before they report, D, and maybe HPQ. Also considering some action on FDX if it can get down below $185.

Also need PRU to finish the week at or just under $100, INTC under $30. Need the coincidence fairies to get their shit in gear this week. Would like to see KMI go back below $18.30.

ACI had a sweet dividend pay out.

If the merger goes through may be higher, higher,higher!

Anyone see that fat finger incident at the open today? That was a little disturbing. I thought the lizards were launching their next op for a second.

Anyway, MMM is on sale if anyone is wondering. I picked up a boat load of it the past few weeks.

Yep—MMM.. 5% dividend right now !

Tesla up in after hours trading !

Tesla is on a hell of a rip! INTC is on sale after the panic crowd didn't like the earnings.