Stock Market is the bottom in?

George W. Bush said the best way to fight forest fires is to cut down all the trees and brush, so there's no fuel. Which is it ..... plant trees or cut 'em all down?????? Which sounds more sensible to all of you???

“What is, plant trees AND cut them down. I’ll take the rapists for $500 Alex”

“it’s Therapists!”

I have little doubt Bush was referring to periodic logging to keep excess fuel in the national forests lower and add firebreaks where clearcut area’s are making fighting the fires that do happen easier to contain.

I have little doubt Bush was referring to periodic logging to keep excess fuel in the national forests lower and add firebreaks where clearcut area’s are making fighting the fires that do happen easier to contain.
That’s not how they explained it on CNN.

Right back at ya. Fox's own highly-paid lawyers said in federal court that many of their shows are "opinion TV, with sensationalized anchors." Their statements were Fox's defense in the Dominion lawsuit because Fox kept saying that Dominion was "rigging" their voting machines to favor Biden. False claims admitted to by Fox's own lawyers when they said those shows are "opinion TV - not statements of fact."

I don't recall any lawsuits against ABC, CBS, NBC, BBC, PBS, Bloomberg, Reuters, USA Today, Associated Press, etc. for broadcasting outright LIES. And many people sucked those Fox, OAN, and Newsmax lies right down ......... because of what THEIR political talking heads were spoon feeding their followers. Seems Mr. Jones has been convicted by a jury for his heartless, BS-laden claims that the Sandy Hook shooting and multiple deaths were all a made-up lie. We see who the liar is, and he's been fined $42.5 million to be paid to the parents of the murdered Sandy Hook students.

So ....... to take your own advice - maybe you ought to multiple-check your news services.

Fox is the highest rated cable news channel and has the most viewers so I’m guessing the vast majority of people like what is reported as opposed to the others. CNN does lead in all categories of most fired hosts over sexual harassment. They got that going for them. LOL. Anyway, I’m still not clear where you’re getting information that most of Wall Street are Republicans? Is this something on CNN or the others that they promote? Or is this your opinion?

Do we really need to argue over which group of slimey talking heads selling entertainment lies disguised as news to their tribal followers is worse?

Fox is the highest rated cable news channel and has the most viewers so I’m guessing the vast majority of people like what is reported as opposed to the others. CNN does lead in all categories of most fired hosts over sexual harassment. They got that going for them. LOL. Anyway, I’m still not clear where you’re getting information that most of Wall Street are Republicans? Is this something on CNN or the others that they promote? Or is this your opinion?
Is that how we now determine truth, by how many folks watch a report? Do folks view the things they like? Ever get stuck in traffic because folks slow down to gawk at an accident well off the road? Capturing eyeballs and vetting reporting are often in direct opposition. (No implication on either news outlet, just a critique of the logic.)

Last edited:
With a few exceptions, I believe most people can come up with common sense in anything. If a larger number of people are inclined one way that tells me something. You got to believe when people make choices there‘s a reason. BUT, It still doesn’t have anything to do with Wall Street . I’m still trying to find out if all these news outlets are promoting to viewers that Wall Street is mostly Republicans.

With a few exceptions, I believe most people can come up with common sense in anything. If a larger number of people are inclined one way that tells me something. You got to believe when people make choices there‘s a reason. BUT, It still doesn’t have anything to do with Wall Street . I’m still trying to find out if all these news outlets are promoting to viewers that Wall Street is mostly Republicans.
Common sense is the ability to draw reasonable conclusions from inputs. That is different from determining which data is valid based on peoples propensity to watch the source. One would not presume most folks are in favor of accidents because they slow down and gawk at them. Controversy and sensationalism draw eyeballs much more than truth.

I watch both far left and far right stuff and I'm in neither camp. Why? No one is correct about everything and I want to hear arguments on both sides of an issue. When I was younger politicians on both sides would spin the facts in their favor. Now many politicians simply make up the facts, disparage folks that don't buy in, and keep repeating them over and over until their sheep hear nothing else and believe. It is becoming harder and harder for folks with common sense as there is no longer a common set of facts.

Our nation is being invaded. We have no borders. No issue matters like that one does. The far right has it right. The days of common ground are gone and it's easy to see why. Wait til you see what your stocks are worth when we're finally a 3rd world nation.

Really most big businesses are probably much more liberal anymore. Liberals absolutely love their government regulations the large conglomerates can afford to play the oftentimes ridiculous regulation game this keeps small upstarts from ever competing in any meaningful way with the large corporations. They pretty much end up with a monopoly or very few very large competitors that could very easily price fix and most times who would ever know??? We also then end up with corporations “To big to FAIL” seriously what sot of complete nonsense is that. The liberals also love their pork barrel spending like drug attic’s love crack cocaine. Does anyone in the country believe the “inflation reduction bill” they just passed is going to help inflation in any way shape or form??? Of course not that’s ridiculous to think more government spending that put us in this pickle is the answer but they did it anyway. So how many of the corporate winners of this round of spending will have democrats as major stock holders???? Ask Paul Pelosi how this game is played.

I think that is why one should be a stock picker.

Not a spray and pray.

If I had the insider information I’d be picking those stocks also but I don’t have that information.

I check MULTIPLE sources - not just CNN. I like to hear from REAL, certified foresters & university profs who are experts in management of forests. But them some of the righties think such folks are "communists bent on ruining all American life."

I'd call such thought about real experts - REALLY RADICAL ................... EXTREMELY radical. Conspiracy theories anyone?? I'll call you & raise you of batch of nutjobs. Where do THOSE armchair "experts" derive their knowledge from??? Inside a 30-pack??😆🤣

Return to stocks.

I think the NASDAQ sums up the difference between (Trump a business man, billionaire and President) and Brandon (a lifelong politician that did nothing, and still does nothing except make stupid gaffes)

Trump--8000 plus points (24% average)

Brandon--- negative 400 points (-1.6%) average

I check MULTIPLE sources - not just CNN. I like to hear from REAL, certified foresters & university profs who are experts in management of forests. But them some of the righties think such folks are "communists bent on ruining all American life."

I'd call such thought about real experts - REALLY RADICAL ................... EXTREMELY radical. Conspiracy theories anyone?? I'll call you & raise you of batch of nutjobs. Where do THOSE armchair "experts" derive their knowledge from??? Inside a 30-pack??😆🤣

Return to stocks.
Which multiple source had Trump building a resort on the beautiful coast of North Korea?

Return to stocks.
You might want to go get checked out by your doctor. You are sounding more and more unhinged.

Return to stocks.
Look, if you want to be part of the tribe, you must either believe or at least say you believe regardless of objective truth. If the idea did not originate with the leader of our tribe, it must have come from those evil folks trying to destroy our nation, so we oppose it!

It amuses me that folks on both sides can buy into such an obvious pandering attempt to gain power. On the other hand, the lack of civil, thoughtful discussion of important issues does not bode well for our future.

... And once again, this applies to both far left and right.

I only see one side of the aisle doing their best to change America into a country unlike what it has been all along and what the Constitution says it should be. That side isn't the far right