Stock Market is the bottom in?

We just sold a bunch of Apple and Amazon today. Our buy in price was in the basement and with uncertainty and current prices we felt it was the right time to do it . We didn't sell all of it but... Time will tell if it was dumb or genius.

We just sold a bunch of Apple and Amazon today. Our buy in price was in the basement and with uncertainty and current prices we felt it was the right time to do it . We didn't sell all of it but... Time will tell if it was dumb or genius.
Even with the stock split weeks away?

The amount of money invested would be the same. Twice as many shares at half the value or half as many shares at twice the value. If it splits then our buy back price would be attractive (still over double our original buy in but....) We kept a few thousand shares to ride on. There is a reason all of the elites are buying up metals.

The amount of money invested would be the same. Twice as many shares at half the value or half as many shares at twice the value. If it splits then our buy back price would be attractive (still over double our original buy in but....) We kept a few thousand shares to ride on. There is a reason all of the elites are buying up metals.

You lost me at a few thousand shares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You lost me at a few thousand shares

Ha, I wish they were all mine. My company (Family business which I have only been a part of since 2001) set up a profit sharing program in the mid 70's that we have been managing in house ever since. God has blessed us dearly. We are not all that diversified but have received insane gains. We had a $510K payout last year and even with the big dip this spring (unfortunately my advice to sell fell on deaf ears) we have made all of that $510K up and are sitting pretty on the year.

If you have a few thousand shares of Apple, @ $436/share you can ride off into the sunset ! Congrats

They cracked the $2 trillion dollar market cap line today.

If you have a few thousand shares of Apple, @ $436/share you can ride off into the sunset ! Congrats

Again my portion of the whole is a small fraction.

Well done. I sold my amazon before the lockdown. I planned on buying it back but after the shut down it went up so fast I missed he boat. The stuff I bought instead has done well but not over 100% well. I really want to sell now but holding out hope Trump wins and I hit the big pay day. If Trump wins I am cashing some in and buying a building around the corner from the new amazon warehouse they are building. I will then open a Hamburg/ice cream stand from April to November, hunt for a month then head someplace warm. Wine is a wonderful thing. Time for another

I hear that. The stuff I bought in late March isn’t up 100%. Anywhere from 2% to 45%.
I don’t have to be the luckiest investor in the world.

I can live with plain old lucky.

I'm guessing oil stocks will be attractive after the election. We parked about 1.6M If Biden wins we will be able to start over. When Trump wins we will dump it back into something late this year early next year depending on if the bubble bursts.

I'm guessing oil stocks will be attractive after the election. We parked about 1.6M If Biden wins we will be able to start over. When Trump wins we will dump it back into something late this year early next year depending on if the bubble bursts.
I got in three oil stocks at the bottom. Those are the ones I am waiting for Trump to hit a home run for me. They are up 40-70%from where I got in but still can double or quadruple to get to their last year highs.

Most years there is a big dip generally starting in September.

I’d be looking towards the best oil company. That’s different from the hottest performing stock, but in the event there is a painful plunge again, I'd wanna be holding CVX over anything else. They're still a decent price now.

Last edited:
Valero Energy is my pick.

Mine is MRO. I am in at 3.23. Trump win hopefully moves it to >12

Seattle police chief quits, city counsel cuts 100 cops as the city burns, Chicago under curfew, NYC police station surrounded. DOW opens 300 points up.

wait what......

S.N.A.F.U.

One more big run higher before it blows to bits right around the time early voting begins, and that's around mid-September in Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Valero Energy is my pick.

Really, do tell? They are heavy ethanol buy up and no more plants being built. JMHO ... they will continue to buy-out ethanol plants, but will have high costs to bring these plants into reliable production.

Personally, I think energy is a real tough flyer with OPEC & Russia stepping on the price of oil.