Stock Market is the bottom in?

I’ll say it again Raytheon. Can’t believe I was playing at the farm and missed below $60 again.

Not a quick rally, it’s a buy and look in 10 years.

commercial side is taking a hit with the airlines down. But their playing with Star Wars laser weapons on the mil aero side. Good historical company in the military industrial complex as the snow flakes would say.

But I’m a stick analysts not a stock analyst so what do I know.

Really, do tell? They are heavy ethanol buy up and no more plants being built. JMHO ... they will continue to buy-out ethanol plants, but will have high costs to bring these plants into reliable production.

Personally, I think energy is a real tough flyer with OPEC & Russia stepping on the price of oil.

Refinery, convenience stores and much more. Solid Dividend at 7%. Pretty good earnings even during a Pandemic I see 2021-22 to be solid years for VLO.

Refinery, convenience stores and much more. Solid Dividend at 7%. Pretty good earnings even during a Pandemic I see 2021-22 to be solid years for VLO.

Ethanol business has surged during the pandemic as they can produce ethanol which is FDA approved for use as a sanitizer.

Anyone else jump in on Nikola? I messed up by not getting in on Tesla when I had the chance , I'm trying to redeem that somewhat here. It's been a good ride in the short term. I'm interested to see what happens once they are producing vehicles for the public.

Anyone else jump in on Nikola? I messed up by not getting in on Tesla when I had the chance , I'm trying to redeem that somewhat here. It's been a good ride in the short term. I'm interested to see what happens once they are producing vehicles for the public.
I bought in at $35 watched it go to 94 two days after I bought it, then fall to 33. My wife used to babysit the wife of a guy that designs electric wave runners and atv’s for them so she wanted to buy it. I think this is going to be a hold until they hit it big or go bankrupt

I’ll say it again Raytheon. Can’t believe I was playing at the farm and missed below $60 again.

commercial side is taking a hit with the airlines down. But their playing with Star Wars laser weapons on the mil aero side. Good historical company in the military industrial complex as the snow flakes would say.

I think Raytheon would be a long term stock if you buy it. Trump has been a real peacemaker compared to previous presidents, so I wonder how Raytheon's sales will be if Trump wins again. If we had a war-monger in office it would be a slam dunk.

I think Raytheon would be a long term stock if you buy it. Trump has been a real peacemaker compared to previous presidents, so I wonder how Raytheon's sales will be if Trump wins again. If we had a war-monger in office it would be a slam dunk.

He may be a peacemaker, but he sure is willing to outfit our military with the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He may be a peacemaker, but he sure is willing to outfit our military with the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is great, but it's not nearly the same volume of equipment that needs to be purchased as when we have soldiers in actual wars. Corona knocked the stock down and won't let it back up. I'm sure it will climb back up evemtually, but I'm not sure when. So I think it would be a long term stock if I were to buy it.

Last edited:

agreed. That’s why I said buy and look in 10 years. Star Wars. Trump likes that and Raytheon is developing laser guns. “really”

I liked Raytheon a lot more before the UTX merger and owned it for many years. It was doing very well until the merger. It is cheap now but I am not buying more because I am not sure Wall Street likes the new RTX.

I got into Livongo Health early too and was riding them very high and loving them long term. They recently announced a merger with Teledoc and it sent both stocks way down although both were way up and climbing. I don't like LVGO under TDOC and Wall Street does not like the merger either. I hate this merger and am not liking the RTN/UTX one either.

I liked Raytheon a lot more before the UTX merger and owned it for many years. It was doing very well until the merger. It is cheap now but I am not buying more because I am not sure Wall Street likes the new RTX.

I got into Livongo Health early too and was riding them very high and loving them long term. They recently announced a merger with Teledoc and it sent both stocks way down although both were way up and climbing. I don't like LVGO under TDOC and Wall Street does not like the merger either. I hate this merger and am not liking the RTN/UTX one either.

My love of them is That I used to sell to them and United tech and Lockheed. Always more comfortable buying what you know. Lockheed has made me a lot of $ in the last few years.
I agree things are not the same. But long term I don’t see Raytheon as a non player. But it’s long term. Not next year.

AT&T is probably a pretty good price right now. 7% dividend isnt bad, either.

Nice dividend. I might pick up a few shares.

T is a good divi stock but until they restructure more and drop more debt, they won't see much growth. I like Verizon as a better 5G play right now and they too pay a decent divi. Of course, when the time comes for me to convert much of my portfolio to pure divi plays (in around 3 years), I could see myself owning both.

T is a good divi stock but until they restructure more and drop more debt, they won't see much growth. I like Verizon as a better 5G play right now and they too pay a decent divi. Of course, when the time comes for me to convert much of my portfolio to pure divi plays (in around 3 years), I could see myself owning both.

I have been retired for ten years and own both.

I have been retired for ten years and own both.

Well played as those are both great divi stocks. My retirement plan is to turn $2m of my portfolio into divi stocks at retirement time. At a yield of 3%, that would be $60k in annual income. Unless bond yields were to come way back up, that will be my income play. Right now I own no bonds and have no short term plans to own any. I'll leave around 5 years of projected expenses in cash and the rest still invested in growth stocks.

Vanguard total bond market index fund is 8% year to date. 10% 1 year and 4.7% lifetime. Just saying, not a bad play for a safe part of your portfolio.

They are fleeing the blue state/city shitholes. Cant imagine what it is gonna do to the tax base in a city like Murderapolis where the businesses are gone and people are just gonna walk away from the houses.... Who is gonna be left to pay for all of their community organizer bullshit?

Capture.PNG

1598371514267.png