Starlink

And for the record I love going up north and barely having communication or TV. Its really nice to disconnect from all that bullshit occasionally. I will be spending 6 days in the BWCA towards the end of May, and then I will lose cell signal again for 4 days in Glacier national park and another 4 days in Yellowstone national park. I cant wait to sleep in a tent again and be disconnected from all of it.

I see SPace X is about to launch.... I'm gonna watch a little on You tube before bed.
It did launch.....but we were unable to view it due to so many clouds tonight. The last time was one of the most spectacular sights I have seen. The evening launches are most spectacular as its mostly dark out.....but the sun lights the contrail and makes it most interesting. More are coming in the weeks to follow.

So what is the benefit of starlink? The numbers thrown around on here it seems exorbitantly expensive? I couldn't imagine paying that amount for internet, but maybe no other options?

So what is the benefit of starlink? The numbers thrown around on here it seems exorbitantly expensive? I couldn't imagine paying that amount for internet, but maybe no other options?
Got a couple friends that have it. It works great but the main reason they have it is they can’t get anything else.

My wife and I were in the same position years ago and because she’s been working from home for 20 years would have paid about anything for internet.

When your only other option was Hughes net that was over $200 per month, and they have a monthly cap of like 100gb, and you are lucky if your internet is good enough to watch a YouTube video on your phone.

With Starlink my wife and I work from home, she works on Zoom all day, you can easily stream a couple tvs, while playing on your phone. When there are no other options, it is a very good option. Speed tests for me are usually 80-250/and 15-50down. With 20ms ping.