Starlink

I did the opposite with my mom. She was a target looking for a scammer. I did everything I could to discourage internet use. 😄
That's my mom also. Every day she tells me Apple, Amazon and Geek Squad have emailed her requesting a reset of passwords and info, and should she do it. Ugh.

There are some sites you can get on to see where companies have applied for or been awarded grants for construction of fiber or worst case wireless where you have antenna on your house.The sat companies were supposed to be for very very rural areas and there is alot of issues with the billions they got that now the government realizes was a mistake.There are a ton of grants for companies to build systems so I would check some.I saw where it was brought up that electric companies can do because they already have R/W.Well most of their poles are on public R/W meaning any utility can construct there.Also if at all possible companies would rather have fiber underground.Another issue that has come up is many of the electric if on private obtained R/W specifically for electric so they have to renew their agreements to allow fiber.At a rate of 40,000.00 per mile to construct UG fiber it's costly.But heck the guys in Washington are making money faster than it can dry and most state are shouting high speed internet to every house by 2030

I have had Starlink for several months now, it has been working good. During the evening I get from 25-100 mb, and 8-15 up. The rest of the time I get 120-275 down, 15-25 up. Very few drop outs. My wife works online all day, with video conferencing, maybe one time a month it drops out a few seconds. It’s been better then my cable I use to have. Ping rates usually 20-60ms.

I am really disappointed in Starlimk. Received the equipment and got it installed in late August or early September. Have a defect in either the router or the cable so after cancelling and returning my Hughesnet equipment I now have no internet and have not had internet for well over a month. They promised to ship me refurbished equipment but it never showed up. They gave me a $55 credit for half of my monthly service fee but still didn't deliver the equipment. Then I noticed the shipping date of when the equipment would be shipped kept being moved later. There is no phone number or email address where you can contact customer support. All you can do is go into the website and open up a “support ticket” and wait for someone to check it. They usually reply and then close the ticket even though the issue has not yet been resolved. If you want to follow up you have to go in and open a new ticket. When I complained again they gave me credit for another $110 worth of service that I paid for but never received. They finally shipped me the router but it is worthless at this point because I still need the router to dish cable. They apologized and said they moved my account to a priority status but they still have not shipped a new cable. What good is having a higher priority status when they cant deliver the equipment?

Piss Poor customer support!

I have cellular service (AT&T)on my IPad and phone but get only 2 bars max so the service isn't great by any means - especially during inclement weather.

Dont know what else I can do but my patience is wearing thin. We have already had snow flurries and winter is approaching fast. Worried now that it will be difficult at best to climb back up on my 10:12 pitch roof to swap out the cable if and when it ever does arrive.

I am really disappointed in Starlimk. Received the equipment and got it installed in late August or early September. Have a defect in either the router or the cable so after cancelling and returning my Hughesnet equipment I now have no internet and have not had internet for well over a month. They promised to ship me refurbished equipment but it never showed up. They gave me a $55 credit for half of my monthly service fee but still didn't deliver the equipment. Then I noticed the shipping date of when the equipment would be shipped kept being moved later. There is no phone number or email address where you can contact customer support. All you can do is go into the website and open up a “support ticket” and wait for someone to check it. They usually reply and then close the ticket even though the issue has not yet been resolved. If you want to follow up you have to go in and open a new ticket. When I complained again they gave me credit for another $110 worth of service that I paid for but never received. They finally shipped me the router but it is worthless at this point because I still need the router to dish cable. They apologized and said they moved my account to a priority status but they still have not shipped a new cable. What good is having a higher priority status when they cant deliver the equipment?

Piss Poor customer support!

I have cellular service (AT&T)on my IPad and phone but get only 2 bars max so the service isn't great by any means - especially during inclement weather.

Dont know what else I can do but my patience is wearing thin. We have already had snow flurries and winter is approaching fast. Worried now that it will be difficult at best to climb back up on my 10:12 pitch roof to swap out the cable if and when it ever does arrive.

I haven’t had to deal with their customer service, and I am glad. Lots of horror stories like yours. Some say they open a ticket and within hours everything is resolved, others have stories like yours.