Sprayer thats not a POS

I hate to say it but we have a master mfg from rural king also a 45 gal. It wasn’t expensive but it is going on at least 8 years old without an issue. It seldom gets cleaned out we had to reinforce the tank to the skid with two pieces of angle iron and added two ratchet straps but other than that no issues. I am pretty sure it set outside all last winter as well. It sprays about 25-30 acres a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the Frost site.....the Frost 25 Gallon UTV sprayer has a drain sump. I called to get a price......seems it's pretty good bang for the buck if it works as advertised. Hard to buy something without seeing it. I gotta have a boomless sprayer with all my trees and such. Sleeping on it. I'm thinking of blowing up my FIMCO sprayer for a YouTube video....lol.
The drain sump is a game-changer. Be sure to research before buying every time. YouTube is always a great source to see the product at work.

The drain sump is a game-changer. Be sure to research before buying every time. YouTube is always a great source to see the product at work.

What would you recommend for spare parts on a the 25 gal, 7 nozzle boom, ATV model?

I like many of the features that Frost has on this product. I beleive I like the way the sprayer boom (and boomless) is attached to that frame and it would appear to be a great product. If I were buying today....I would buy that Frost 25 gallon with boomless sprayer set up. I just got my replacement parts from FIMCO and will put that POS back together tommorow. They did respond quite quickly with replacements needed. I may "limp by" for the season as I contemplate a new sprayer for next year. Seems a bit late to do this now.....as my needs will diminish in the coming weeks.

I should have asked at Frost if they in fact do have a drain in the sump now? That would ease my decision. ;). I did see a few video's on this product and I am impressed with several of the features.

What would you recommend for spare parts on a the 25 gal, 7 nozzle boom, ATV model?

I like many of the features that Frost has on this product. I beleive I like the way the sprayer boom (and boomless) is attached to that frame and it would appear to be a great product. If I were buying today....I would buy that Frost 25 gallon with boomless sprayer set up. I just got my replacement parts from FIMCO and will put that POS back together tommorow. They did respond quite quickly with replacements needed. I may "limp by" for the season as I contemplate a new sprayer for next year. Seems a bit late to do this now.....as my needs will diminish in the coming weeks.

I should have asked at Frost if they in fact do have a drain in the sump now? That would ease my decision. ;). I did see a few video's on this product and I am impressed with several of the features.
The drain sump has a hose that pumps the liquid out with no mess. It was designed not to spill on the ground. You can detach the boom hose and place it in a bucket then pump all but about a quarter size amt of liquid out into that bucket for reuse or safely discarding of chemicals.
Once the liquid is out of the sump it can be rinsed well (or cleaned with dawn) in the same manner of pumping out liquid. Then when storing in winter locations, run RV antifreeze through the sprayer and keep the sump filled all winter long. **We highly recommend storing with these steps for any sprayer that you choose to buy to save the parts/pump/tank.

Our spray tech mentioned the best spare parts would be an extra filter, shut-off valve, and always get spare nozzles. Any other items should be looked at and installed properly by the manufacturer.

The drain sump has a hose that pumps the liquid out with no mess. It was designed not to spill on the ground. You can detach the boom hose and place it in a bucket then pump all but about a quarter size amt of liquid out into that bucket for reuse or safely discarding of chemicals.
Once the liquid is out of the sump it can be rinsed well (or cleaned with dawn) in the same manner of pumping out liquid. Then when storing in winter locations, run RV antifreeze through the sprayer and keep the sump filled all winter long. **We highly recommend storing with these steps for any sprayer that you choose to buy to save the parts/pump/tank.
That pump to drain works.....as long as the pump is working. If the pump goes (as was the case with my Fimco) now you got issues as disconnecting the drain hose is now sure to make a mess. Just saying. In my last situation, I suppose I spilled a gallon or more in my efforts to transfer from one POS to the other. Grin.

Gotcha! Definitely not an ideal situation :( Watch for sizing of the pump as well and make sure that it is able to handle the spray that will be coming out of the sprayer. Our pumps are over capacity for what you can spray with each manufactured sprayer.
It's nice that you're able to get those replacement parts for this little guy this year though.
We will keep this situation in mind for future builds as well.

Cropcare++. Buy once, cry once.

The farm that hosted the Deer Steward class used an Enduraplas 100 gallon UTV sprayer. Cost with the options is just south of $6000.00. Ouch. Sure, the Honda engine and cab controls were neat, but the boom bent just like a cheap sprayer when it was backed up into his truck (fixed easily, but was embarrassing for the UTV driver). Ironically, in the back of the truck was a sprayer that the owner "used frequently" for spot spray. It was a FIMCO 25 gallon unit.

I bit the bullet and purchased a Green Guard spray gun. After using one with a pump sprayer and the UTV sprayer, I am coming to believe that the right spray gun might be a good investment. I'll report the results.

The farm that hosted the Deer Steward class used an Enduraplas 100 gallon UTV sprayer. Cost with the options is just south of $6000.00. Ouch. Sure, the Honda engine and cab controls were neat, but the boom bent just like a cheap sprayer when it was backed up into his truck (fixed easily, but was embarrassing for the UTV driver). Ironically, in the back of the truck was a sprayer that the owner "used frequently" for spot spray. It was a FIMCO 25 gallon unit.

I bit the bullet and purchased a Green Guard spray gun. After using one with a pump sprayer and the UTV sprayer, I am coming to believe that the right spray gun might be a good investment. I'll report the results.

What’s the scoop on those green garde guns that makes them so much better? I saw @omicron1792 recommended them earlier too.

I broke the spray gun on my frost sprayer and was going to order a new one. Only thing that would be a bummer (besides price) is I dont think those green garde ones would snap into the holder like the one that came with it.

I’d love to run my spray gun on my piece of trash fimco but so far after two of them the lever on the manifold fails and won’t turn the ball valve to turn off the boom. So to use the spray gun you are dumping chemical out the back too.

What’s the scoop on those green garde guns that makes them so much better? I saw @omicron1792 recommended them earlier too.

I broke the spray gun on my frost sprayer and was going to order a new one. Only thing that would be a bummer (besides price) is I dont think those green garde ones would snap into the holder like the one that came with it.
Any good jd9 will work.

Put a quick connect on the end of your hose. Then it pops right on the gun.

I sprayed about 8 acres today. Still have had zero issues with atv sprayer since my upgrades.

When spraying a ton I use the 100 gallon three point. But I find the ease of zipping in the utv and using the 50 gallon I end up using it more.

The reach is excellent and pattern control set the Green Guarde apart. I’ve broken several plastic wands, so I hope this is the last.

Any good jd9 will work.

Put a quick connect on the end of your hose. Then it pops right on the gun.
What is better about them than the factory guns? Shorter so they are easier to maneuver, more durable, and quick connect?

What is better about them than the factory guns? Shorter so they are easier to maneuver, more durable, and quick connect?
They are a real piece of machinery. What industrial herbicide companies use. Don’t leak. Always work. I’ve never picked up one of the wands that I didn’t think would break in a year. This thing won’t break in a lifetime.

I’ve sprayed 1200 gallons so far this season and mixed up 200 gallons more this evening to spray after work in the evenings this week. This maybe my last batch of brush control for the year. I’ll still hit Johnson grass latter in the fall best time I’ve found to control Johnson grass is just before or just after the Johnson grass starts to turn a slight bit yellow on its own in the fall. It really draws the poison into the rhizomes that time of year and you get excellent control not just a burn off of the vegetation only to return from the rhizomes a bit latter.