Sprayer thats not a POS

We added a plug with a valve to the drain hole so we didn’t have to unscrew and reascrew added Teflon tape also fixed our leak. Also had to add angle iron to hold it to the 3pt mount as it broke it first try and rolled down a hill. After all that has been good for at least 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I hated about my 60 gal Northern sprayer was that it didn't have a drain. That's ridiculous. Has anyone else seen that?

One thing I hated about my 60 gal Northern sprayer was that it didn't have a drain. That's ridiculous. Has anyone else seen that?
My 41 gallon northstar pull type sprayer has a drain.

Yeah, we've heard lots of these comments about the Fimco and Northstar sprayers. Its all about the pricepoint you're willing to go to.
Drain's are nice, but a sturdy rotomold tank, hand built/replaceable parts, and an effective sump with drain hose are our favorite features.

Fimco sucks.
2 main complaints...
The stupid location/design of the intake tube. You can never completely spray out the tank. Usually has about 3 gallons of solution left in it and it's worse when spraying on slopes.
The other thing that I hate is the ridiculous drain hole. Why on earth do they make it the size of a garden hose?? IDIOTS!
It is agonizingly slow to drain and flush the tank.
The drain should be a 3" hole.

My 25 gal Northstar has been great. Much sturdier build and a drain cap

Enduraplas makes a good sprayer but they are expensive.

I bought a Cropcare ATV sprayer after owning one of their 3 point models for several years. I have probably had it close to a decade now and couldn’t tell you how many acres we have sprayed with it. Not cheap but it is a quality product built in the U.S A.

I am not opposed to spending more $$ it means it will function when I need it to. Wasted time is wasted money for me a lot of days.

Sprayed some yesterday with my 12 year old Fimco 25 gallon boom-less unit. Got leaks all over the place and some threads on the main tank that won't hold the plastic fastner. Contemplating replacing it with the same P.O.S. I have now as I have spare parts and can use some of the current sprayer parts as needed. FIMCO is the only brand around here that has parts on the shelves at the local stores. When you need a part....you need a part.

I suppose I could put some more money in parts to the one I got and limp by for another season or two....... kinda torn as I dont know anything close to the price point with parts available. The one I am contemplating is a 25 Gallon Boomless Fimco @ $399. at Fleet Farm. Same as what I got now. Ugh.

Sprayed with mine the other day. Once again the ball valve in the manifold won’t turn to close off the boom of you want to use the wand. So if you use the wand you are just spraying all over the place out of the boom. Also if I get below a half a tank I have to make sure the pump is on the downhill side or the pump doesn’t have enough power to feed the whole boom. Makes for really long work. It’s truly junk.

I had so many of those POS I said no more.

I bought a 100 gallon kind sprayer 3pt with 50yard reel hand sprayer, boomless nozzle, and to the side boomless nozzle.

It’s pto and has worked perfect every time. Boomless covers about 18 feet swath. If I turn on side sprayer too will cover almost 30. I can turn on just side nozzle and spray side of all my roads and food plots. I can park in middle and cover 100 yards with reel hand hand sprayer. More actually cause it will spray 20-30 feet.

I’ll never cuss and fight a pos sprayer again. Hell. Buy a skid sprayer from king you can load in back of utv if needed.

Sprayed some yesterday with my 12 year old Fimco 25 gallon boom-less unit. Got leaks all over the place and some threads on the main tank that won't hold the plastic fastner. Contemplating replacing it with the same P.O.S. I have now as I have spare parts and can use some of the current sprayer parts as needed. FIMCO is the only brand around here that has parts on the shelves at the local stores. When you need a part....you need a part.

I suppose I could put some more money in parts to the one I got and limp by for another season or two....... kinda torn as I dont know anything close to the price point with parts available. The one I am contemplating is a 25 Gallon Boomless Fimco @ $399. at Fleet Farm. Same as what I got now. Ugh.
You don’t need to use Fimco branded parts.

I bought a 100 gallon kind sprayer 3pt with 50yard reel hand sprayer, boomless nozzle, and to the side boomless nozzle.

It’s pto and has worked perfect every time. Boomless covers about 18 feet swath. If I turn on side sprayer too will cover almost 30. I can turn on just side nozzle and spray side of all my roads and food plots. I can park in middle and cover 100 yards with reel hand hand sprayer. More actually cause it will spray 20-30 feet.

I’ll never cuss and fight a pos sprayer again. Hell. Buy a skid sprayer from king you can load in back of utv if needed.
Do you happen to have a link or model name? I’m wanting to eventually get something just like that.

Me too. Best move I ever made. Much more expensive, of course, but high blood pressure isn't good for you either when you constantly have to fight POS issues:

110 Gallon John Deere sprayer
IMG_8257.jpg

Fill it to 10 gallons, 110 gallons or anywhere in between...no need to make 2 or 3 trips back to the barn to refill.
IMG_8725.jpg

You can spray a 6 foot swatch down the middle or 18-20 feet wide...
IMG_3713.jpg

Calibrate it once and you know exactly how to spray with it...
IMG_2808 (3).jpeg

Select to spray with 1 boom, 2 booms or all 3.
IMG_5045.jpeg

Easily matches up to my I-Match Quick Hitch...
IMG_3309.jpeg

Hook up the hoses to the PTO and go spray
IMG_5038.jpeg

and it does a pretty good job of spraying everything you want sprayed the first time
IMG_3002.jpg

Doesn't have a drain plug but I always want to rinse it out after use anyway. Add a couple gallons of rinse water and rinse the tank and boom hoses and it is clean. Clean it out at the end of the season with some liquid tank cleaner from TSC. I let it sit in the tank and hoses overnight and then catch some of the cleaner from one or two of the nozzles in the morning and use that to clean out my backpack sprayer and other 1 or 2 gallon spray tanks.

IMG_8255.jpg

At the end of the season I run a gallon of RV Antifreeze through the hoses and pump and park it for the winter.
IMG_1601 (2).jpeg

This thing has made spraying almost fun for me. No more frustrations.

Me too. Best move I ever made. Much more expensive, of course, but high blood pressure isn't good for you either when you constantly have to fight POS issues:

View attachment 52707

Fill it to 10 gallons, 110 gallons or anywhere in between...no need to make 2 or 3 trips back to the barn to refill.
View attachment 52708

View attachment 52709

View attachment 52710

View attachment 52711

View attachment 52712

View attachment 52713

and it does a pretty good job of spraying everything you want sprayed the first time
View attachment 52714

Doesn't have a drain plug but I always want to rinse it out after use anyway. Add a couple gallons of rinse water and rinse the tank and boom hoses and it is clean. Clean it out at the end of the season with some liquid tank cleaner from TSC. I let it sit in the tank and hoses overnight and then catch some of the cleaner from one or two of the nozzles in the morning and use that to clean out my backpack sprayer and other 1 or 2 gallon spray tanks.

View attachment 52716

At the end of the season I run a gallon of RV Antifreeze through the hoses and pump and park it for the winter.
View attachment 52715

Same. Pto pump primes every time. Game changer.

View attachment 52707

View attachment 52708

View attachment 52709

View attachment 52710

View attachment 52711

View attachment 52712

View attachment 52713

View attachment 52714

View attachment 52716

View attachment 52715

I hate to spend the extra money on something just because it says John Deere but this might be one of those exceptions. I borrowed a gas powered, 65 gallon tank sprayer from our game and fish to kill off a few acres prior to planting my native prairie this Spring. The unit is made in North Dakota I believe, cant recall the name of the company at the moment. Thought maybe it was a good candidate, but after the fact I was not as sold on it. Too many little things I didnt like and for the price a new one runs, it isnt going to make the list.

I hate to spend the extra money on something just because it says John Deere but this might be one of those exceptions. I borrowed a gas powered, 65 gallon tank sprayer from our game and fish to kill off a few acres prior to planting my native prairie this Spring. The unit is made in North Dakota I believe, cant recall the name of the company at the moment. Thought maybe it was a good candidate, but after the fact I was not as sold on it. Too many little things I didnt like and for the price a new one runs, it isnt going to make the list.
I hear ya Turkey Creek, but I have never been disappointed in any of my John Deere purchases and those that I have bought used and sold later, all sold for more than I paid for them. If you take good care of your equipment, it will usually take good care of you. I did buy my sprayer new.