Son has good taste in pistols

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
My son is really into pistols and he bought these two in the last few weeks. The stainless one is a new Performance Shop Smith and I have no idea what he gave for it. The blued one is an old gun in mint condition that doesn't look like its been fired a dozen times to me. He bought it for $450 from an old lady that only carried it to church on Sunday.:) We're going to break them in next time he comes home for a few days.

What calibers?

Both of them are 357 Magnums. I love 357s because you can also shoot 38 Special and 38+P in the same gun. Like having 3 guns in one.

He also has the Tarus Judge which will shoot 45 Long Colt and 410 gauge shotgun. That thing is a handful...LOL.

They both look great! You should have a fun time with those wheel guns!

Sweet, the first pistol I owned was a .357 revolver. I totally agree Native, very versatile weapon.

They both look great! You should have a fun time with those wheel guns!

Here is another one we have already shot. It shoots 410 shotgun and 45 Long Colt. This is not the Judge, but another gun made in Texas. Ride um Cowboy...LOL.

My latest gun doesn't look as good as his guns.

Nice pistols! Shoot 'em until they smoke!

I have the Smith & Wesson Governor ... shoots 45, 45 colt, & 410 shotgun. Sure is a nice set-up when you alternate 45 colt rounds with 410 with buck shot ... ;)

I just haven't been able to get on board with the whole "judge" type .410 revolver thing, even though I think that a 3" 9 pellet #4 buckshot load would be a great home defense round.

Great looking pistols. I have a Smith &Wesson 629 classic.

I
I just haven't been able to get on board with the whole "judge" type .410 revolver thing, even though I think that a 3" 9 pellet #4 buckshot load would be a great home defense round.
wasn't on board with them either until I shot one....a very large but controllably can of whoop ass in your hands....as long as you never need to shot further than 15 yds.

I

wasn't on board with them either until I shot one....a very large but controllably can of whoop ass in your hands....as long as you never need to shot further than 15 yds.

45 & 410 ... very good close quarter combo ... the 45 colt has stopping power and the 410 covers a hallway or out the car window ...;)

I was talking to a farmer in SW MN last summer and he said he carries the judge with 410 buckshot when walking his fields to look at the crops. He is only a few miles from a town of 14k people and he sees a few stray dogs every summer and said the judge works well for his needs.

I'm not sure how lethal those 4:10 buckshot rounds would be.....but they likely would take all the fight out of most situations.

3 rounds of buckshot followed by 2 .45 long Colts would be the ticket.

Last edited:
I didn't realize how many different configurations those Taurus guns came in. Son also had one of the Raging Judge models that shoots the 454 Casull. He said it shot a little off and didn't have adjustable sights, so he got rid of it and got a Regular Judge which did have adjustable sights.

I personally don't have any pistol bigger than a 357. I once had a 35 Remington XP-100 which I've kicked myself many times for selling. That sucker was a handful too.

Wheel guns are reliable. They go bang every time. Any ID on the old shot gun?

I have some pistols and a few revolvers. I finally got my Glock pistol cleared of a jamb the other day. I don't have a vice down here in AZ.....and was having a devil of a time clearing a round due to a slightly long primer (.002"). Finally I got a large C Clamp padded with some wood lath to grip the top slide.....and was able to impact the grip while tightly holding the top slide with the clamp. Popped right out. "Fail to's" are all too common on self-loading pistols.

You don't have such nonsense with a revolver. They go "bang" every time you squeeze the trigger. The small ones conceal well and are more reliable IMO.