some sort of low growing alfalfa?

mikmaze

5 year old buck +
got me a bit stumped, growing along a roadside, max 12 inches high, little pink hued flowers about half to three quarters of an inch tall. Leaves have that alfalfa look. what is it, whats it worth wildlife wise, and where to source it?

20150612_092706_zpsvvh3vutp.jpg

well done sir, thank you.

That and Birdsfoot Trefoil are about the only legumes that will stay growing in low ground.

Alsike as well. It will dam near grow anywhere.

anything on its value to deer? is it sought, or just oh hey, ill eat that.......

Definitely didn't look like any type of alfalfa I have ever seen, especially the flowers. The leaves and growth habit look a lot more like trefoil than alfalfa.

I believe Rabbits Foot Clover is in Road Ditch mixes that county and state hwy projects plant in the eastern part of the US. Just like Trefoil and Alsike are part of a lot of our county and state road ditch mixes in our 5 state area.

I believe Rabbits Foot Clover is in Road Ditch mixes that county and state hwy projects plant in the eastern part of the US. Just like Trefoil and Alsike are part of a lot of our county and state road ditch mixes in our 5 state area.
I just noticed the other day driving through an area here in town that was recently torn up for construction now had white clover and something with bunches of brightly colored yellow flowers. I suspected I knew what it was, and after I stopped to see, sure enough birdsfoot trefoil.

yeah, come to looking closer at my own picture, the company I work for might have actually seeded that area, if you look close there is a grid under the plant, erosion control matting. it was growing right where I was doing the next phase.