Social Media

gwm

5 year old buck +
I've never been a part of the social media crowd. No accounts of any kind. It's really never been something I've considered until now.

Now I'm curious about Instagram but I don't know enough about it. My understanding is it's just for pictures? I always take a bunch of pictures of what we're doing on the property and transfer the ones I want to an external hard drive to save for later use.

Can Instagram be another way to log pictures and recall them? Does it make it easier to share pictures than texting the picture to someone? Curious if others have it and how they use it.

Instagram is the only social media I have ever had. I don’t post much but I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never been a part of the social media crowd. No accounts of any kind. It's really never been something I've considered until now.

Now I'm curious about Instagram but I don't know enough about it. My understanding is it's just for pictures? I always take a bunch of pictures of what we're doing on the property and transfer the ones I want to an external hard drive to save for later use.

Can Instagram be another way to log pictures and recall them? Does it make it easier to share pictures than texting the picture to someone? Curious if others have it and how they use it.

If you are on this site, you are on social media.

You can certainly post pictures, but the people who will see them are the people who are following you I believe. You can also restrict your account so someone cannot see what you post unless you accept them as a follower. Very hard to edit once you have posted and i do not know how you would retrieve a picture.

I enjoy it because you can search for things/topics that you are interested in and follow those posting about them. Like any site, rules can change and you have no recourse if they ant to start charging you for access to your account.

I was born too late to have any interest in facebook/twitter/instagram. I hit this site the most because of the habitat stuff, also a bow hunting and a duck hunting site a very little.
I do shop online for things more than going to the store for items.

As much as I loathe Facebook these days for their selective censoring, particularly with Conservatives, gun owners and patriots in general, I do love the fact that I have 12 years of memories stored there. Mostly things with my daughter like her yearly first day of school pictures, vacations, fishing and hunting kind of things. Some people just take pictures of their dinner lol
I lost all my pictures on a few phones at one point because I don't back them up on a computer and the important ones are always there on Farcebook (unless you forget your login details). After losing those important pictures I started an account with ICloud that is available on Iphone and that serves as a backup plan, but once it is full it charges $1/month. That downloads every picture on my phone so I have soooooo many work pictures and meme's that I have don't care to keep indefinitely, so I periodically have to go in and clean it out.

Start a Blogger.com page. It's the free blog site from Google. I store all kinds of important pics there. It isn't fool proof, but hopefully it won't be hijacked like the photobucket scandal or erased like the Q-FU-DMA fiasco. It's very easy to use, and you can organize your pics very well there. Here's how I've got mine broken down.

pics.PNG

I’m not on Twitter, or Facebook... but I am on Parler. Cool app, not censoring conservatives!

I’m not on Twitter, or Facebook... but I am on Parler. Cool app, not censoring conservatives!

Parler, haven’t heard of that one. Is it anything like Grindr?
giphy.gif

Haha. If I drop a booner this fall, my approach will probably resemble that guy on the left in the blue jeans.

I hated when photobucket did what they did. I hated loosing a lot of good solid info, from others and not just myself, in the other Q site. I have Facebook and can’t hardly log in without it saying there is suspicious activity on my account (even though everything posted was by me). I do like this platform and I belong to a few Discord sites due to my in real life job. Someone just had to bring up Q.

I have facebook, and it is a pretty convenient way to organize photos and share them with others. Never tried any of the others.

Haha. If I drop a booner this fall, my approach will probably resemble that guy on the left in the blue jeans.

Gaawd. I saw that vid...then your post...then I had some kind of Freudian slip and thought your wrote "drop a BONER"...then I thought "am I secretly gay?" Then I was over it and thought "I wonder what's for lunch today?"