Small Watering Hole

I have four of these preformed ponds around the land. I got them cheap from Menards years ago. All four pounds are within bow range of a stand/blind. Honestly, they don't seem to get a lot of use.
Oct4Filling Water Tank.MP (2) - Copy2.jpg

Mine have been like an African safari hunt over a water hole. Between 3, 165 gallon tanks, I've been putting 265 gallons of water in them to refill every 7 to 10 days. Rain kept them close to full up until end of July and then we've had .85 rain since then. All kinds of wildlife use them. The closest natural water source is about a 1/4 mile away(a creek and pond) the other ponds around the area are dried up. I have a mid level deer density.

The deer haven't been scared off by my intrusion. The same ones that were using them in August are using them today, and more have shown up.

I hope mine is doing something. I haven't been able to get up to check the cams or do anything else.
I would really have loved to put I bigger one in, but I knew I'd never be able to do it by hand. Over the course of three digging sessions, I was barely able to get this 45-50 gallon one in. It's all shale and roots, miserable.

69390-2b121db8ee63deec6d6723ffddfef321.jpg

But I did a little experimenting. Since the surrounding woods are all filled with maple syrup lines, I figured a little more junk in the trees wouldn't stand out too bad. So I bought one of https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BNHG25CM and ran a long tube to my water tank. You can sort of see it on the right in this photo.

IMG_8415.jpg

I know it won't make it through the winter, I'll either take it down before it snows, or just let it get ruined. It rained a little the night I put it up and the level was a couple inches higher the next day. I used my 25 gallon spray tank that still hasn't had any chemicals in it, to haul water up the hill. Then with a cordless pump and a couple garden hose I pumped water the rest of the way up and filled it. I don't want to do that again if I can help it. Figuring out different ways I can channel water to the tank, or put out other means of catching rain water and running it to the tank.

Reactions: 356
At least one of my ponds is being used now. I did see some deer tracks around the other three ponds so that is encouraging.
DSCF0133 - Copy.JPGDSCF0116 - Copy.JPG