Shooting house heater - what works best?

View attachment 3163
My buddy was a little pissed! I went to one shooting house and he went to the other. I stayed all day (with my Mr. Heater) and he was done before noon - too cold. I showed him my heater and he wasn't sure what to say. I have money that he buys one for next year. Now I have to put actual glass windows in to better hold the heat inside. I only used it once I needed it. Got a total of about 5 or 6 hours of use off of the one bottle. May put it to use here again during our muzzleloader season as well.

I've got one heater like shown above by J-Bird. These don't put out the heat that the Little Buddy Heaters throw.....and they are a bit louder, and IMO easier to tip. Not saying they don't work.....just that to me the Little Buddy heaters are much better.....and they only cost a little more.

I have used these smaller sized heaters in a ladder stand with a curtain around it. They provide a bit more room and are a little more portable. Sometimes I melt stuff that gets to close tho......and worry about catching fire. :( Heat makes it all seem worth the risk. ;) o_O

if 36 is cold you may want the big buddy instead of the little buddy ;)

I just wanted someting to keep me hunting. If I can put glass/plexi glass over the windows (to contain more of the heat inside the blind) I think it will work that much better (may even add some reflective insulation). As is - I'm fairly happy. I can put this in my pack (yep it's a dandy) and take it back and forth if I need to. I saw the bigger ones, but I was concerned about the noise level and didn't intend on leaving it in the blind (I didn't want to share -mine). Once I started to get cold I fired it up and put it between my feet just like in the pic and simply kept my hands over it. Trying to keep the cold under control - not trying to create a sauna! If I make it too nice the wife will want to come along - good way for her to have an "accident" or for me to have a "breakdown"!