Shooting from the blind

gwm

5 year old buck +
I don't hunt from a blind a whole lot as I like to be up in a treestand. I will hunt from one a couple times a year, especially if I'm hunting the late season.

It's kind of a hassle to get everything set-up but the practice is worth it, especially for my wife, as we all know how much a difference it is drawing a bow while sitting compared to standing, and then making a good shot.

20170904_122728.jpg

This is something I should do as well. It sure is different when sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting isn't what I think makes it tougher,it's thinking that deer is this tall and then when they walk up there you are trying to either get to your knees or something and then there is the issue of it being dark in the blind and you can't see your pins.I also have found that leaving the dark part on windows when not in blind helps as they seem to know the difference

I don't hunt from a blind a whole lot as I like to be up in a treestand. I will hunt from one a couple times a year, especially if I'm hunting the late season.

It's kind of a hassle to get everything set-up but the practice is worth it, especially for my wife, as we all know how much a difference it is drawing a bow while sitting compared to standing, and then making a good shot.

View attachment 14840

An even bigger difference is exit wound. When I shoot from a treestand, I always get a nice low exit wound with a good shot. That makes blood trailing much easier. When I shoot deer from a blind, I'm often at the same height as the deer, so the exit wound is much higher. This means that even a good shot may have a weak blood trail as blood pools in the chest rather than exiting through the low exit wound you get from a treestand shot.

Thanks,

Jack