Shed Antlers

Are we still talking shed retrieval ??? :rolleyes: :confused: :D

I would say this antler loss has more to do with wind resistance than seasonal changes.

37f091b302c6d8d791d1a02f7fbfe18a.jpg

LOL! Love it! Good One!

A guy up the road a couple miles from my camp e-mailed some pix of a couple bucks that were still carrying full racks as of 3/8/16. This is in N.C. Pa.

As of this morning on my cellular cam in central MN I've got a few bucks with antlers too! Does anyone know why some carry there antlers so much longer than others?

As of this morning on my cellular cam in central MN I've got a few bucks with antlers too! Does anyone know why some carry there antlers so much longer than others?
My understanding is there must still be does being bred. Perhaps with the mild winter last years fawns are being bred. I saw a doe being mounted about three weeks ago.

My understanding is there must still be does being bred. Perhaps with the mild winter last years fawns are being bred. I saw a doe being mounted about three weeks ago.
That's crazy!!! I'd hate to see that late of fawns being born in like July-August!

That's crazy!!! I'd hate to see that late of fawns being born in like July-August!
Probably five years ago I was bow hunting end of September. I had a doe and fawn under me, and the fawn couldn't have been 40 pounds. It was the smallest deer I have ever seen during the season. I have regretted not shooting that fawn since that day. There is no way it survived the winter. I think someone had pics on here of a spotted fawn in December last year. Not sure if we ever got an update on that one but there was snow on the ground.

Probably five years ago I was bow hunting end of September. I had a doe and fawn under me, and the fawn couldn't have been 40 pounds. It was the smallest deer I have ever seen during the season. I have regretted not shooting that fawn since that day. There is no way it survived the winter. I think someone had pics on here of a spotted fawn in December last year. Not sure if we ever got an update on that one but there was snow on the ground.
http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/is-this-fawn-going-to-make-it.2027/

I was able to find one side of our hit-list bucks yesterday. Was walking a north side hill that seems to be more of a staging area then anything else but it was laying right next to a ditch. Can't wait to see what he turns into as a 4 year old.

Heck of a body on that buck, oh yea nice rack too :)

Just pulled some memory cards, I had a full rack on 3/8/16 as well in NEPA.
Unbelievable.

A guy up the road a couple miles from my camp e-mailed some pix of a couple bucks that were still carrying full racks as of 3/8/16. This is in N.C. Pa.

I'm re-staking a few apple trees along a corn plot and this caught my eye.

uploadfromtaptalk1461448662871.jpg

That one would be tough to spot !

That one would be tough to spot !

The sun was hitting the base of it just right and it really stood out but it was only 10' from the apple tree I was working on . I brush-hogged this corn plot in mid February and I figure it dropped after that sometime.

Wow!! I had 2 really look to see it. It blended right in! Good eye n find!!

Found this one yesterday while checking an apple tree that's growing back in the woods. I've walked past this antler several times without spotting it. Can't really tell by the picture but its been laying there a while, at least 1 year. Most of the antler was covered by leaves and the part that was exposed (opposite side) had been chewed down into its porous middle section and was sun bleached. The brow and very tip had been chewed off and there were weather cracks in the beam.DSCN0344.JPG

Found two more today and they might be a matched set.uploadfromtaptalk1462039206538.jpguploadfromtaptalk1462039217370.jpguploadfromtaptalk1462039224753.jpg

Found two more today and they might be a matched set.

Those are trophy finds. No way I'd have seen them in corn stubble.