She strikes again. And again

Reagan

5 year old buck +
My daughter and I climbed into a blind during a slight drizzle last night. I told her to be ready when the rain stopped and she was. We had a button hit the plot first but he was out of range. He ended up running back into the brush where we saw glimpses of a second deer.

The next thing we hear are turkeys behind the blind and they were very close. Then we see a mature doe and fawn doe across the field. When the turkeys entered the plot, the deer took that as a sign of safety and came right in.

The big doe was feeding at 30-40 yards while the small one came right into the turkeys. Getting a broadside was a challenge and great patience was shown. At 10 or less yards I told her to shoot for the shoulder. At the shot the deer nearly dropped but it managed to run out of the field carrying the bolt. I figured we had a shoulder hit since i could see the bolt sticking out the opposite side.

The turkeys ran around at shot but didn't leave thanks to the number of young ones in the group. We reloaded with a rage and she dropped a bird with a perfect shot to the base of the wing. The bird never flinched.

My daughter tracked the deer. We found the bolt just in the woods and the deer was 20 yards past that. She hit shoulder, 1 lung, liver and gut. The bolt exited just in front of the rear leg on opposite side.

This is her second season and second deer. Her first turkey with an x bow and second turkey ever.

Here is the view from the blind. This is a plot was planted last year in wheat, PPT and clover but drought was a problem all fall. We top seeded PPT on Labor Day. There is some clover left, some last year turnips that grew all summer and some new turnips that don't have bulb Developement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Double your fun right there!729ea12d89371cef886067fe83d3953f.jpg

Congrats! Hunting with kids is just a blast!

-John

All the hard work makes it worth it.

Congrats to you and your daughter.

I like it!

Congrats to your daughter.

Congrats to your daughter! Sounds like a cool hunt.

Congrats to both of you !!!!!

Congrats! That's awesome.

Congrats all the way around.

awesome..

Congrats. Well done!

She did awesome. Congrats to both of you.