Security Cameras

WeedyJ

5 year old buck +
I know some trail cams can do this, but does anyone have battery or solar powered cams that are motion activated and allow you to look at your property. No problems yet, but would love to check in whenever I want. No AC power available. I get about 2 bars on my Verizon phone at my barn area. Basically a nanny cam.

You can hook small solar panel up to most of the trail cams,you sound like you are wanting something like on the crush website or an eagle nest cam.Check out trailcampro.com if anyone has them they do

Thank you. It doesn't have to be a trail cam. Even Nest or Ring type cams. Some of those have 2 way audio, which I think might be helpful

Do you have internet at the place? If you do, make sure you have a bigger plan, or unlimited, as most security cameras upload video to a cloud for security purposes. Or you can just have it record to a hard drive on site. But to have access to it, you will need some sort of internet there to access it.

Make sure to get 4k cameras, because otherwise when you try to zoom into someones face to identify them, it distorts so easy and it looks like those cheezy gas station cameras, that are pretty worthless. You can get a decent 4 camera system for $500-1000, and it will have enough hard drive for about a weeks worth of video for the 4 cameras, then it just over rights it. This of course isnt motion activated, but you can set them up that way and have much more time before overwriting. Obviously it would depend on what is infront of the cameras.

I know some trail cams can do this, but does anyone have battery or solar powered cams that are motion activated and allow you to look at your property. No problems yet, but would love to check in whenever I want. No AC power available. I get about 2 bars on my Verizon phone at my barn area. Basically a nanny cam.

same situation. No power, run off a generator, no internet obviously but I have good AT&T service. I steady run cell cams fine but I want some kind of video in case things go do! I have a cabin and a shop that I would love to monitor.
I have googled wireless security cams. Seems you can get something on a solar panel but I don’t know how it stores data. That stuff is above my head

You could set up one of these. I run them for trail cameras, and security, and they do take pretty decent video. I personally dont have any of mine set on video mode, but I have in the past, and they are good. Cell plans are about $10 per month, which isnt bad.

https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com/shop/covert-scouting-cameras/2019-cameras/code-black-lte-19/

Not workable in this situation (if you can't access wifi), but it's great system if you can figure the wifi part out. My buddy has a security camera that is motion activated. It has a built-in battery that lasts a month per charge. It notifies his cell phone when it's triggered and he can then click on the app and witness video in real time. No cell data used between the camera and the internet (wifi), the only cell that's possibly needed is for your phone to connect to the internet.

I could see this working with a long range directional wifi antenna and being cool as all get out!

I just bought one of these for my mom, so I'm not sure how well they work yet. But, it looks like what you're wanting to do:

https://reolink.com/product/reolink-go/
I was actually looking at that camera last night. Let us know how it works for your mom. My buddies system is slick as can be! I could see using the directional wifi antenna and placing the camera a couple hundred yards from the house and having a blast!