Screen seeding rate

Mahindra3016

5 year old buck +
I have 25 lbs of either Egyptian wheat or a tall grain sorghum , hancocks web sight said egyptian wheat would be substituted with tall sorghum, but the packing slip says Egyptian wheat and the bag says nothing. I also got 5 lbs of regular grain sorghum to mix in to hopefully make it stand stronger if it gets windy.
I want to plant a strip 110 yards long by 10 ft "2 tiller widths" how many lbs should i broadcast?
Thanks, Ben

It looks like Egyptian wheat should be planted at 30 - 50 lbs / acre.

330' x 10' = 3300 ft2 or 0.075 acres.

30 lbs / acre rate = 2.25 lbs
50 lbs / acre rate = 3.75 lbs

If you are broadcasting I would make 2 passes at 2 lbs each as some of it won't stay in the "2 tiller widths"

-John

Planting rates for screens are very low. We are talking 6 pounds of seed per acre or under. Planting for a screen is a different animal than planting for bushels per acre. That is into a prepped seedbed. The OP didn't reference details of planting method other than broadcasting.

When planting for a screen we attempt to get as large a stalk as possible and let the individual leaves fill in the visual barrier. Planting at higher rates will effect the size of stalk as it will be thinner and include less leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planting rates for screens are very low. We are talking 6 pounds of seed per acre or under. Planting for a screen is a different animal than planting for bushels per acre. That is into a prepped seedbed. The OP didn't reference details of planting method other than broadcasting.

When planting for a screen we attempt to get as large a stalk as possible and let the individual leaves fill in the visual barrier. Planting at higher rates will effect the size of stalk as it will be thinner and include less leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan to shallow till with my 3pt tilller broadcast and drag.