S.T.Fanatic's Land Tour

Here is a nice up and comer. Can't but wonder who is going to cut his life short this year? Look at me I just shot a 13 pointer.

This is the one that perplexes me. I believe he is only a 3 year old based off of one trail camera picture from last year that I believe is him. The size of his body in this picture makes me think he could be a four year old. Thoughts?

Attachments

• shoot or pass.JPG
    shoot or pass.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 51
I would agree with 4 yo. Bases of the antlers combined with that blocky brisket look lead me to my opinion.

This is the one that perplexes me. I believe he is only a 3 year old based off of one trail camera picture from last year that I believe is him. The size of his body in this picture makes me think he could be a four year old. Thoughts?

Heavy bases, lots of junk, well formed heavy rack. When it looks like their belly is evem or below their chest, that is a mature buck. I agree 4 yo.

Obviously you have to gauge this with other bucks and what is the norm in your area, but I think he is a shooter!

A big split left main beam ... very cool buck!

Good luck ST!

Older than 3.

the 6x7 looks like a 3 year old to me and the other buck is at least 4, maybe older.

That 6x7 looks like the type of deer that could be a giant in a couple years. There aren't many people who would legitimately pass up a 130"+ buck though, so he is probably in trouble if he walks by too many hunters.

Pretty small body.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 39
Looks young. No one knows if a buck is a grower til he proves he's a grower. Most likely that one will put some inches on next year, but I've seen plenty that disappoint and grow very little. If it was me, I'd share pics with neighbors and try to convince as many as possible to let him go. If you're lucky you'll get half to agree, and then one of them will probably pop him regardless.

Just binged watched this entire thread

An enjoyable journey

thanks

bill

Post 123 and 130 don’t look like the same deer to me.

130 does look young. 123 is tough to tell. But I said older then 3 so I’ll stick with that for now. Need some side shots of him.

Post 123 and 130 don’t look like the same deer to me.

130 does look young. 123 is tough to tell. But I said older then 3 so I’ll stick with that for now. Need some side shots of him.

2 different deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures and general observations
762b044cb096163f536f20678ecd23b1.jpg

This is a picture I took yesterday while I was on the property pulling a trail camera.

My radish ptt plot has a distinct deer trail following the edge between the two plantings. (Radishes PTT & Winter Barley Winter Peas) in a N S direction.

I didn’t spend much time in the area because it is hunting season. This radish was about the only browsing I noticed in that section of the plot. The tops haven’t even been hit.

I did notice some browsing on the winter barley has been happening. From what I can tell little if any of the peas are being eaten.

North Valley plot observations

266ec052ca9b613dfbccd313da1b0730.jpg

The plot is weedy but is being hammered. The beans for the most part have been completely consumed, the sugar beets are being hit hard right now, and there was a ptt here and there will a little browsing taking place.

There are trails beaten down to dirt through the plot with lots of droppings scattered about. This plot will last through the muzzleloader season but not sure how much beyond. The plot is weedy so tonnage did suffer a bit.

If doing this mix again I would add more beans. The weeds were only an issue this year because if a sprayer issue.

I've never heard of radishes making it to November 1st in MN. That's straight up crazy town.

a67acdc7d86741dd1a49f61909bcf068.jpg