5 year old buck +
59a04cf6f4a29baa152db83d8b006503.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD51555

5 year old buck +
June 4th no less. That is fantastic!

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
Such a beautiful place in bluff country.

S.T.Fanatic

5 year old buck +
Seed sown and barley crimped.

S.T.Fanatic

5 year old buck +
June 4th no less. That is fantastic!

I’m guessing it’s at least a week behind what it should be.

S.T.Fanatic

5 year old buck +
Checked on my Valley plots last night. I didn’t take pictures of the crimped barley plot because it just wouldn’t look like much yet. I did get a good kill on the barley though. Some of the seed looks like it may be viable but for the most part the heads are dried up and did not fill with seed.

Here is a look at the mature awnless barley. I’m guessing on a normal year it would have matured a full week earlier.
80ae43e3932eae45b0780c1f9a806f09.jpg

The deer will be on this stuff soon And have all of the seed eaten by the time I want to plant my fall blend into it.

S.T.Fanatic

5 year old buck +
I am in the process of trying to find a decent price on a drop spreader or some plans to build one. It seems like I have an infestation of dandelion and from the recent posts on this site that is likely due to low calcium. That seems strange for this area. I’ll have to pull some samples and find out. I’m wondering if it wouldn’t work to mix my fall blends with the lime and spread it at the same time. Anyone ever try that?

S.T.Fanatic

5 year old buck +
And it appears that all of my pictures have disappeared. That’s nice.

MN Slick

5 year old buck +
When did you plant the barley? Is that carry over from last fall?

S.T.Fanatic

5 year old buck +
When did you plant the barley? Is that carry over from last fall?
It was winter barley planted August 22. IMO that is to early but I was playing the forecast.

S.T.Fanatic

5 year old buck +
I over seeded a corn plot today with a mix of radish, ptt, and Swedes. There are a few bare spots and the corn is growing rapidly so with plenty of rain in the forecast I needed to get the seed on the ground.

My spraying knocked everything out but I am getting a new flush of rrpw so hoping the brassicas can compete well with it. I didnt fertilize as it was beans for two straight years. Hoping the new seeding doesn’t use up to much of the N. Time will tell.