rainfalls

foggy

5 year old buck +
dumped 3/10 ths of an inch out of my gauge today......and got another 3/10ths just now tonight. It;s gotten to be a daily event. Been one wet August. Sure is green here. :)

You been doing some dancing your not telling us about? :oops:

My dad drew a bear tag in WI and he'll be hunting my land in Rusk County later this week. That area has been absolutely pounded lately and the swamp that is typically dry this time of year now has over a foot of water in spots. That's not good, but at least the bears don't mind getting their feet wet. I'm hoping my dad will connect with a shoulder shot that drops the bear immediately so we don't have to track it in the swamp.

No more rain dances needed - maybe someone could give us a sunny/windy dance instead.

Four inches in 24 hours here.

It's extra soggy in the swamp this year. Just means I have that much more work to do before season starts. Oh wait, that's in 2 weeks...

Some of my brassica is starting to look pretty weak. Will periods of standing water kill the low spots?

I have some kind of disease issue going on with my brassicas. From looking at pics online, it appears to be downy mildew.

Is the whole plot affected? Mine is in areas. Some spots look great, and some look terrible. Leaves browning and shriveling up.

Way too much rain last few weeks.

I've had lots of regular rainfalls this summer. Lots of moss, fungus, and mushrooms growing all summer. Water pooled in places I never expected to see it. Swamps are full. Little frogs everywhere. Strange year.

I've definitely got the shrooms popping!

We just got 2.5 inches in one hour. Water in the streets, flash flooding. It can quit for now!

Haven't had that problem here this year. Course haven't had to mow and spray as much at the farm, nor are the mosquitoes as bad.

I will officially not be able to hunt at home now after the latest rains. Gonna be a long time before it dries out enough to get back there..... any more rain and I can kiss hunting good bye here.
I tried to go back to plant my plots last week and couldnt get back there then to even plant them. And now more rain on top of that.

Neighbor quarter section over says we are over 2 inches but no hail or 60 mph winds.

I fear 30% of my brassica will be spending close to a week straight under water with all if it in saturated soil for much much longer.

3.75 in my flooded area

At the sandbox, 4 inches on sunday and three inches this afternoon.

One farm south of Cold spring had 4 inches in less than 90 minutes this morning while I was there.

image.jpg
Big hail by Swanville. Fields are trashed missed me by a few miles.

Holy shit! Cant say I have seen a field that destroyed by hail before.

God, what do cattle do when stuff like this comes through.... OW!!!! Must be a lot of welts. Do they just stand there and get pummeled??

God, what do cattle do when stuff like this comes through.... OW!!!! Must be a lot of welts. Do they just stand there and get pummeled??

Usually they will go under trees if available. If they don't have much cover there may be some rounding up to do in the morning and fences to fix!

We got 1.5" of rain at Nisswa

When I was a kid, our family had a weinmeriener dog. (see if you can spell it ;)) Anyway.....somehow the door to his dog house from the big kennel got closed up.......and he got hit with baseball sized hail. That dog had welts all over him. Was pitiful sight.

I'm sure the cattle and horses get hammered sometimes. Same goes for wildlife. It's a jungle out there.

Ended up with 3.5" here. "Only" had about 1.5" last week/weekend, so its not as bad here as it is in many areas to the east.
Seven inches in 4 days.

Can I quit saving water for my apple trees in a dry spell? I have about 400 gallons in rain barrels.