rainfalls

Just got hit with an unexpected Thunderstorm this morning. Sheesh. I wish I could catch a break. This is depressing. I need to sell this place and find someplace with better drained soils.
I'll trade you for a year and after dealing with these sands you will gladly accept some standing water

It looks like the heavy stuff missed us. Only 0.15" reported for Camp. I don't think our place was in dire need of any rain so I'm glad we didn't get 2" or more. I would have taken an inch though. Nice cold front right before the opener! It'd be nice to get out once this weekend but the mosquitos will be terrible w/ all the rain we've had the last 6 weeks.

I would think they would be knocked down a bit with the cold. I'll be taking the thermacell to the stand with me just in case.

The Missouri Farm got 4.5" in 12 hrs. Last night. My creek bottom I walk for access to stands is now a 8' deep river the neighbor said. With trees laying all over in it again. That makes for a lot more work I was not planning on. :mad:

WOW Thats allot of freaking rain an the scary part is it aint over yet! Should I bring a chainsaw???

The rain appears to be be done by us now. Looks like a total of 0.3-0.5" which I'll take considering what was predicted. Maybe my plots have a chance.

Here is an update from the weekend. They are wet as heck but seem to be OK. Deer are hammering them hard right now.

IMG_5204_zps1a105aec.jpg

IMG_5203_zps563d6520.jpg

IMG_5205_zpsc3c476fc.jpg

Here is my back plot of WR, 4010 peas. I am suprised how much groth there is considering getting flooded so soon after planting.

IMG_5210_zps44ce9275.jpg

IMG_5209_zps628dad3d.jpg

IMG_5208_zps6da19087.jpg