rainfalls

3.25" the past 2 days here.

We got 3" last night. And 2-2.5" a few days before that. That is really really really bad news in my soil. I'm sure my newly planted winter rye, peas, is flooded and will be killed. My establised brassicas are probably flooded in spots. How long can brassicas take standing water?

Not long at all

639.gif

Neighbor just texted me that he dumped out 4" from his rain gauge from last night.

We are at 5.25" in the last week and a half... one of my fields has a foot of standing water :(

I doubt there is a pheasant alive in our area. Actually I did see one yesterday. My 148 acre farm had over 100 pheasants on it just 3 years ago, I would be surprised if there are 12-15 now. Cold snowy windy winters/rainy cool springs and 4-6 inch downpours are not the right ingredients for pheasants.

I doubt there is a pheasant alive in our area. Actually I did see one yesterday. My 148 acre farm had over 100 pheasants on it just 3 years ago, I would be surprised if there are 12-15 now. Cold snowy windy winters/rainy cool springs and 4-6 inch downpours are not the right ingredients for pheasants.
Same thing here, except for one rooster. There were some young dumb ones in the road-released by the neighbor.

Another 2" possible for me Tuesday night at the cabin. I have not seen my plots since the 4" a week ago but 2 more inches might be the last straw. Boy I hope something will be left but I am not holding my breath if this turns out to be true. My 2014 season is going downhill fast and it hasn't even started.

I tried to go back behind my house yesterday again, to no avail.

Cant get back to my stands or plots due to the standing water still. Wont be hunting here for another month and thats if we dont get another drop of rain. Any more rain, and my season will be done here until freeze up and that doesnt gaurantee much. Several years ago the same thing occured and when it froze up, the water dropped underneath the ice and every footstep you took was breaking ice. Needless to say there wasnt a deer track back here most of that winter.
Time to find another place to bowhunt around home. What a bummer.

I tried to go back behind my house yesterday again, to no avail.

Cant get back to my stands or plots due to the standing water still. Wont be hunting here for another month and thats if we dont get another drop of rain. Any more rain, and my season will be done here until freeze up and that doesnt gaurantee much. Several years ago the same thing occured and when it froze up, the water dropped underneath the ice and every footstep you took was breaking ice. Needless to say there wasnt a deer track back here most of that winter.
Time to find another place to bowhunt around home. What a bummer.

canoe?

the swamp is a series of high and low spots. Full of dead heads.
Canoe would be impossible to trek the 1/4 mile back.

I need an argo, then its game on. :)

I have one stand that I wear hip boots to reach and it has worked out well. Would it work for you?

No scent trail if you do not touch vegetation.

3.6" projected for Wed. UGH!!!!!

Maybe I should be looking to build a dock and buy a boat rather than a shed and tractor.

Maybe I should be looking to build a dock and buy a boat rather than a shed and tractor.
How bad is it for you right now? Tonight is going to kill me.

Just got hit with an unexpected Thunderstorm this morning. Sheesh. I wish I could catch a break. This is depressing. I need to sell this place and find someplace with better drained soils.

Getting pounded in Northern Missouri again tonight. 4-6" it looks like over night in the area. Not Good!
These thunder storms keep missing my farm by an inch!!!! Its killing me:mad:

Wish you could take some from us.......Its really sucks getting so much rain. But coming through the last few years burning up in August.....I will take all the rain verses sun.

My garden is flooded for t he third time in two weeks. It won't matter much after the coming frost.

Looks like the bulk of it has miss my land. Only 0.2-0.4" so far according to the rainfall maps. Only a few hours till till this blows out so hopefully I can keep avoiding the heavy stuff.