Propogating red dogwood

They look great. Do you have any pics on how much rooting they achieved? Just sand in the box?
I dont sorry, The sand box has too much sand I should have blended it more for better root growth, its pretty nutrient poor pit sand ( the miracle grow bag trick puts on way more root growth) - and I dont water it much as its out at the farm (the box) so that has an impact. I leave them in for two years then lift them - in the sand they separate out really easy.

I've started a bunch of ROD and yellow dogwood cuttings just pushing them down in the muddy dirt early spring leaving a few buds above ground and walking away from them. I normally cut and plant them same day, have used rooting hormone powder from Walmart before seems about the same with or without. I try and cut them a foot or better long and push them in pretty deep.

I've started a bunch of ROD and yellow dogwood cuttings just pushing them down in the muddy dirt early spring leaving a few buds above ground and walking away from them. I normally cut and plant them same day, have used rooting hormone powder from Walmart before seems about the same with or without. I try and cut them a foot or better long and push them in pretty deep.

This has worked for me as well. I have much better success using a metal rod about the size of the cuttings to make the hole the right depth and then push the cutting down into the hole and moosh the dirt in with my boot heel.

This has worked for me as well. I have much better success using a metal rod about the size of the cuttings to make the hole the right depth and then push the cutting down into the hole and moosh the dirt in with my boot heel.

Yep, if I do many, I'll use an electric fence post.