red dogwood in nursery growth

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Life got a bit busy. I did not get the chance to spray triclopyr in a few spots I wanted to put some red dogwood in it's place. Got a wide trail area I wanted to put dogwood on the side there. Tilled up a spot in my backyard and put about 50 shoots of dogwood in. They're about 3ft tall. If I let them go until next spring, how big are they going to be? Might dig them up, retill and spread them out a bit wider this fall. Hard to get all the roots when they start going into the heavier clay.

I would expect very little growth between now and next spring. The growing season is all but over.

not over the winter, Planting these spring 2025 or maybe fall 2024. Want to open up the area with cutting / triclopyr. MAkng a salad buffet 200 yard shooting lane up north in one spot. Got to clean up the lane first.

Just wondering if I should spread them apart more. Those guys are like 3-4 inches apart. Need to dig up plants around them. Not the greatest pic, bit of the dogwoods are to the far right. Got to take out about 15 trees I grafted, and then respace out another 20 seedling apple trees, and remove some wild plum transplants.

Attachments

• 20230818_142724.jpg
    20230818_142724.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 24