Pronone Power Pellets

RockChucker30

A good 3 year old buck
Anyone ever use the Power Pellets for control of woody brush or trees?

Active ingredient is hexazinone, but comes in a pill or tablet form.

I used some a couple weeks ago on some areas I clearcut for shooting lanes to hunting houses. Super convenient to walk through and throw some Pellets down where needed, supposed to be a one and done application with little bykill of annuals or grasses.

Starting to see yellow tips, we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of them but that seems like a great way to go after multi flora rose and locust trees in fields.

Good idea on shooting lanes too.

So far so good. Defoliation and leaves turning. Looks like a pretty good kill.

d39fd7a76e18a3bd08f016b41b4e407e.jpg
f1bc8345c0f5c1f828d8ef964f01b678.jpg

Sounds convenient. I did a quick google and it looks like 22 oz runs about $120. What is application rate?

Seems interesting....

The info I found says 22oz contains 975 pellets. Application rate is listed on the label (link below). My biggest concern would be it being carried to areas I don't want thru the soil. But I could certainly see some uses for it.....

http://biz.headgap.com/PS_PDF/PPellet.label.pdf

Put them next to your fruit tree spikes and just grab a handful of whatever next time you fertilize your fruit trees! :emoji_grin::emoji_hushed:
That would be the dumb thing I would do! I was actually interested in the stuff for CRP areas and right of ways and the like where you can't have woody cover. But it's restricted here in IN, so...so much for that idea. Back to swinging a clearing saw, chainsaw or brush mowing.

It is water transportable so wet areas or swampy ground is out. The only real concern I had was the “irreversible eye damage” warning on the label. I wore latex gloves and glasses putting it out so I didn’t wipe sweat off my brow and get contaminated.

Otherwise it’s pretty convenient. Has to be put out in the growing season, so that’s one thing basal spraying with Remedy and diesel has over it. But a tub of this can stay on the tractor or truck and always be there when you see multiflora, privet, or Bradford pear.

It doesn’t seem to work as well on Sumac as I had hoped.