Planting dates

Boone

5 year old buck +
What is the latest planting date for beans and corn? We have broke down and are waiting for parts to our tractor. Plan on planting 3 acres of corn and 2 acres of beans.

That is a loaded question.. what is the maturity group of the beans? Do you have 95, 85, 70 day corn?

I think you are safe for a few more weeks.....

Good question. I actually messed up and bought the premium Pioneer corn/beans. I will have to check the tags on the bag when I get out to the farm.

FYI Smaller the maturity group the least amount of time needed for maturity...below is a link that discusses that a little bit, and I snagged a graphic that shows some the maturity groups they planted during their test at different places and dates around the state...

http://ipcm.wisc.edu/blog/2015/06/soybean-planting-date-by-maturity-group-considerations-for-2015-2/

Maturity-Group.png

I plant all 1.9-2.1 beans. I wouldn't hesitate to put those beans in the next two weeks. It wouldn't bother me to plant 100 day corn right now. All I plant is 95-105 day corn.

We disced in 150lbs/acre of urea today and are planting 100 day corn tomorrow. Anyone order rr corn online? If we keep buying from the coop I'm going to have to get a 2nd job to plant corn again. Beans are going in this weekend.

That's a great price. I will more than likely be ordering that corn next yr.

That's a great price. I will more than likely be ordering that corn next yr.

Once in awhile I get a coupon code in my email for RK and I was going to use it on the corn seed but I haven't received any codes for quite awhile.