All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

planting apple trees in november

JERRED GRACEY

5 year old buck +
the only time i will be going home will be November to hunt Is that an ok time to plant some trees,?

this would be in illinois, I plan on buying a few grafted trees from somewhere, i didnt have time this year to graft my own

I think it depends on the amount of freezing than thawing you get. I do plant fruit trees and every other kind of tree anywhere from September through March. I live in North East Arkansas as a reference point.

I've planted several in November and December in Michigan with no issues. You should be fine.

fall is a great time to plant, plants are shutting down, low needs.. root growth till the ground freezes, and again when it thaws. Nice fresh set of roots to feed the plant as it leafs out in the spring.

I always plant in the fall too. Of course, I am planting trees that grew all summer in a pot, and have pretty much shut down for the winter when I put them in the ground. Works great for me.

I've planted in fall also with no issues.