Planted trees finally produced some fruit.

BuckSutherland

5 year old buck +
I officially have my first apples on my trees. My brother planted these trees approximately 8-10 years ago and this is the first time they've had fruit. I wanna say Siberian crab and manchurian crab. Also have some high bush cranberries that produced their first crop this year. I need to lower the tube on these and get a cage put on it. I didnt think I would ever see fruit from these trees. Gonna try to give them TLC next year.

IMG_1330.JPGIMG_1331.JPGIMG_1332.JPGIMG_1337.JPGIMG_1338.JPGIMG_1339.JPG

Yeah I would take those tubes off completely.
Those tubes are good for hard mast trees but not fruit, at least that seems to be the latest consensus.
You might find that your tress are a bit whippy so be prepared to stake them if they won't stand upright on their own.
Use some screen to prevent girdling and a cage to keep young bucks from rubbing them and they'll take off for you I bet.
A little fertilizer next Spring wouldn't hurt either.

The top picture looks like a plum to me, but it is hard to see from one picture. Nice looking trees and shrubs regardless.

Its better than Christmas morning when they first produce

congratulations!!

bill

The top picture looks like a plum to me, but it is hard to see from one picture. Nice looking trees and shrubs regardless.

I think I see a high Bush cranberry and a plum. They probably changed the name of the cranberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk