Pill For Ticks

Omi. What type of application and how do you do it

I don't think it's proven that the tick need to be on you all that long, it seems to be a theory that they have to be on you for 12 hours to get lime but that doesnt make any sence to me. Iv'e had it twice and I'm pretty sure I got the ticks off immediatly. That being said I take plenty of other medicin, It's gotta be safer than some of the stuff ticks will give ya.

Omi. What type of application and how do you do it
Buy the concentrate. It’s something like 37% concentrate. Dilute it down to 0.5% in spray bottle and spray clothes to wet outside but not in sun. Let air dry outside but again not in sun. That’s it. Good for all season and probably 10 washes. Maybe more.

Its also great for spraying in the chicken coop if you get mites.

I had gotten the impression they have to be on you long enough to regurgitate to make you sick. So I googled and found this.
Only ticks that are attached and have finished feeding or are near the end of their meal can transmit Lyme disease. After arriving on the skin, the tick that spreads Lyme disease usually takes 24 hours before feeding begins.

Which sounds encouraging for a medicine like this. Maybe it can kill the ticks in the short window between when they bite and when they actually make you sick...

But then there's also this:
It is not clear how long a tick needs to be attached to transmit organisms other than B. burgdorferi.

So unclear how if it could help with things other than lyme.

I'm content with permethrin. It works great. We've also rubbed it into the dog's hair. The label actually approved of that. Just don't use it on cats. Its highly toxic to cats.

In the late 1990s there was a vax that was supposed to be block contraction of Lyme. I know a few folks that got it and one developed debilitating Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am all about med advancements, and would love to limit my susceptibility to tick borne illnesses.....