Pill For Ticks

Over 35 years ago I got lymes from a tick that bit me and it was less than 12 hours(probably less than 6 hours). Developed the "bullseye" mark and my leg was going numb both directions from the bite. Maybe I'm just the exception. Doctor gave me some pills for it at that time. I'm still here so it must have worked. Maybe the degree of illness from tick bites depends on where on your body you get bit? I was bit on my knee. Maybe it's worse if it's closer to your heart or your head? I don't know.
I got lymes 15-20 years ago, not really sure, it got me on the back of my head, upper neck. I was deer hunting in the end of November, I didnt think much of it at the time when I pulled the tick off, but I started getting bad head aches about a week later, I went in, and was treated for lymes. I still get lingering head aches from it, but other than that I havent noticed much. I live in Northern Wisconsin in the forest area, we have ticks, we have ticks with lymes, I got it, and one of my dogs got it.

I give my dog the pill to kill ticks, and it works, but I trust the vet more than I trust the drs pushing new meds, that they know nothing about, other than what they get a spiff for.

I don’t really like giving it to my dog, I mean it is putting poison in her blood.
No way am I ever taking it. No way would I ever trust big pharma especially Pfizer.

I’ll spray clothes with Permathrin

I don’t really like giving it to my dog, I mean it is putting poison in her blood.
No way am I ever taking it. No way would I ever trust big pharma especially Pfizer.

I’ll spray clothes with Permathrin
If I felt confident that I could check my dog for ticks everyday and feel like I would find them all I wouldn't give my dogs anything but it seems like about the only option is to try to give them whatever is the safest. I don't like it either.

I think back when I got lymes I had to take pills for 2 weeks. Treatments are probably much improved now. Never even heard of Alpha-gal before. What's that do to a guy?

That’s the red meat allergy I think. So, basically a death sentence…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think back when I got lymes I had to take pills for 2 weeks. Treatments are probably much improved now. Never even heard of Alpha-gal before. What's that do to a guy?
Lyme is a bacterial infection passed on from the tick that is easily treated with basic antibiotics. Left untreated it can set into the nervous system and cause major problems though.

Alpha-gal creates an allergy to animal products. Can't eat meat or dairy once you have it. No cure. I personally know 2 people who have it. Affects the whole family as even cooking a steak or hamburger in their house sparks a reaction. It's a life changer for them.

"When people who are allergic to alpha-gal eat beef, pork, lamb, or meat from other mammals, they have an allergic reaction that causes a range of symptoms, including a rash, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Symptoms usually occur three to six hours after eating. In some cases, people may have an immediate life-threatening anaphylactic reaction that requires medical attention.

Alpha-gal is also found in many other foods, medications, and medical products made using materials from mammals. Dairy products, for instance, contain alpha-gal. Many other foods and medications contain gelatin, which is often made from mammal-derived collagen or other materials that come from animals. Alpha-gal is also found in other medical products, including snake anti-venoms and prosthetic heart valves taken from cows or pigs. People with AGS have varying degrees of allergic reactions to these foods, medications, and medical products."

3/4 of this board is probably on blood pressure or cholesterol or some other pill but it’s odd to me so many would be resistant to this. I’d take it asap. I pull so many of those bastards off me it’s Russian roulette.

Last edited:
Well, I give my dog one every month so if I had a big tick problem personally I might take it. It would depend on how much it has been researched. I’m like catscratch, but I aint got near as many years left as he has, so not having tick bites would be something I would consider.

I’d wait til I have all the kids I wanna have. Then I’d think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3/4 of this board is probably on blood pressure or cholesterol or some other pill but it’s odd to me so many would be resistant to this. I’d take it asap. I pull so many of those bastards off me it’s Russian roulette.
After the covid crap I think it comes down to trusting the "experts". I've had too many bad experiences with doctors myself.

After the covid crap I think it comes down to trusting the "experts". I've had too many bad experiences with doctors myself.
I get it trust me. But does that mean any new medication you won’t take on the off chance it’s a government ploy to infect us with something?
I don’t think tick medication would cast a wide enough net to alter world populations.

I get it trust me. But does that mean any new medication you won’t take on the off chance it’s a government ploy to infect us with something?
I don’t think tick medication would cast a wide enough net to alter world populations.
If you want to take it that's your choice. I didn't say anything about the government trying to kill me. There's lots of products out there that very well may do more harm than good.

Not necessarily but I will do a lot more checking nowadays!!!!

I'd consider it, but likely only if the tick populations get worse where I hunt and/or live, and which diseases they're carrying. "Poison" is a tricky thing. Concentration is what matters. Water is poisonous to humans if you drink enough of it.

Water is poisonous to humans if you drink enough of it.

So is Kool Ade....but nobody has a problem swallowing that until they're passed out, face down drunk on it in a puddle of their own ignorance. 👍😆

Can't wait to burn my swamps this spring. That's the best thing for tic's 🔥

It kills the tick AFTER it bites you.

The tick BITE passes the pathogen.

They push their fluids into you to prevent blood clotting, so it would occur before the poison in your blood kills them.

Permathen kills / repels ticks that are TRYING to bite you.

I know which way I would go with this deal.

It kills the tick AFTER it bites you.

The tick BITE passes the pathogen.

They push their fluids into you to prevent blood clotting, so it would occur before the poison in your blood kills them.

Permathen kills / repels ticks that are TRYING to bite you.

I know which way I would go with this deal.

I've watched ticks crawl up my jeans and space out half way up and croak from permathrin

I live near phizer if you saw how much government money went into the place and the massive overexpansion you would be shocked. And now layoffs.