All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures from the stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
John- do you think it would help me if I ate some of those soybeans??? Do I need to order a special variety from you?

Ask Lamar Odom what he takes, and just do a little less!:eek:

Little buck this morning following doe's into the tornado hinge cut!

Little buck this morning following doe's into the tornado hinge cut!

Little? That there would be the talk of Cass County! o_O

b0bf680439fe5601d7b3e3975a912a8b.jpg

Technically not a pic from the stand, but this was the view from the exit route this morning at a buddy's property. I'm being a mooch today and hunting with a friend on his property. He has filled his buck tag already and wouldn't mind a doe or two being removed. So I'm fully green lighted. He is really into videoing his hunts so he's been in the tree with me. Hoping to get some good footage! About to slip into a staging area now.

Sent from 25 ft up a tree

54a12cb7529c07c0827b526108f96077.jpg

Here are some of the views from tonight's sit. All signs pointed to a very good sit. Slipped in mid day and hung the set. Beaten down trails cross crossed the narrow point we were in, and several very fresh scrapes were within ow range. However we were down in the bottom and the wind was very swirly. Ended getting skunked. I think we narrowed it down for the next move though.

f1fbfe65fc4328a8aea0e919b9faa307.jpg

I'm fairly certain that we may have bumped deer off the bedding ridge when we went into hang the stand. The wind was swirling a lot. I believe they bumped further down the ridge and then ended up pouring out into the field of standing corn to our WNW. Oh well, we were trying to hang and bang on the best sign. I think a few more tweaks and this location could produce a perennial stand site. It was my first time in a tree this year....so it was glorious no matter how it went down!

Great pix Phil !! It was very windy at camp in Lyco yesterday too. Saw 1 doe 1st thing in AM - nothing else deer-wise. Saw a flock of 20 turkeys, and a Cooper's Hawk take a crow for the fly of it's life !! We had heavy snow squalls with sleet and lots of wind. Not a good day to hunt at camp. Colors are just about at peak where we're at. Good luck over there !!

Great pix Phil !! It was very windy at camp in Lyco yesterday too. Saw 1 doe 1st thing in AM - nothing else deer-wise. Saw a flock of 20 turkeys, and a Cooper's Hawk take a crow for the fly of it's life !! We had heavy snow squalls with sleet and lots of wind. Not a good day to hunt at camp. Colors are just about at peak where we're at. Good luck over there !!
We had some very light flurries on Saturday afternoon, but yesterday we had some squalling. Nothing accumulated. We had 16 deg this AM here in Mildred. Those pics are from my buddy's place in Bradford County. I can't get over how different the habitat and plant communities are from his place to my place.

Couple pics from the stand on Saturday. The brassica plot looks like crap from the deer hammering it.

Doe and fawns with a few turkey feeding in beans.

I know what you mean in the difference of habitat. We're mostly forest where Tioga and Potter have more ag. The further north from camp I go, the more cherry, birch and aspen I see. Around camp is more oak/hickory/white pine forest.

16, huh ?? Time for the woolies. We had our longies on at camp this weekend, and a good warm fire in the woodstove !!

Over looking rye field/scrape edge from the ground.
2341dab8847cae1dfcd397e13932dbd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a great pic. Did a cell phone take this?

Sat for the first time last night. Great to get back in the stand. I call this stand the Apple Swamp...kind of wet, lots of spruce and alder behind my stand, and lots of wild apples. I ended up seeing a doe and 2 fawns.

IMG_24271_zpsmeslwsxk.jpg

IMG_24281_zpsdkzqxpsv.jpg

Thats a great pic. Did a cell phone take this?
Yes, i just have an old school iphone4. Saw 23 tonight, 1 shooter but it got dark before he got to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put up a stand last Saturday and took this picture. It's not from the stand but I thought it was pretty neat. Then again, I'm biased.

20151024_120541_resized.jpg

I put up a stand last Saturday and took this picture. It's not from the stand but I thought it was pretty neat. Then again, I'm biased.

View attachment 7918
Ah, the hills south of Mauston would be my guess.;) I don't miss the crappy, run down towns in the area, but I still love the area in general and it will always be "home" to me no matter where I live. I suppose I am biased as well.;)

Great pix guys !! Natty - I really like the area in your pix. It reminds me of some places I hunt. Swampy, spruce-y areas just seem to attract deer. Those apples don't hurt either !! I think swamps are not " people friendly " - so thus the deer.

Status
Not open for further replies.