All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oldie but a goodie

Shannon Hall

A good 3 year old buck
Here’s a shot of my John Deere 1969 2020. It came with the farm and was/is in pretty rough shape. They let it sit out and fixed everything with duct tape and rubber bands. It came with that disc, a bush hog, grader box and cultipacker. I was very fortunate that I didn’t have to buy all those implements. Again, they were all in rough shape but they are being babied now. Working on the stuff has been a pain but worth while. Right now I live an hour from the farm and I’ve had several trips home covered in hydraulic fluid. Food plots are really looking good for year two so it has all been worth it. One day I’ll have a newer rig with a bucket but for now I’m gonna keep this old rascal in as good a shape as possible. 95015E83-56B0-4A83-BE58-70F0565EC42B.jpeg

Attachments

• 09EE1111-F4AB-455B-B3EA-6F5038680B31.jpeg
    09EE1111-F4AB-455B-B3EA-6F5038680B31.jpeg
    519.5 KB · Views: 42
60 hp is a lot of power, and being diesel a ton of torque..... pure awesome for plot work. I have a 40 hp tractor and wish for more, and as you, only one axle driven, but the list of dreams is long, and we do what we can with what we have.

I would kill for what you have there, Im jealous ... I hope to by the end of this summer make a tractor purchase but.... with a baby on the way Mamma says baby's gonna have needs too so we will see.

I'd love that tractor. I'm looking for a 8n. I refuse to pay compact tractor prices.

My buddy has a compact kubota with a boom, it's nice but it's all it can do to handle a 6' brushhog.

It's darn nice to get thru the woods mowing lanes tho.

Congrats on a sharp tractor, something about getting it done with what you've got makes it that much sweeter

If you call that rough shape, I’d hate to have you give an assessment of my old tractor .
I actually have almost the same tractor. A JD 401 (industrial version of the 2020) with a FEL. It’s a great tractor for plotting... when it runs.

If you call that rough shape, I’d hate to have you give an assessment of my old tractor .
I actually have almost the same tractor. A JD 401 (industrial version of the 2020) with a FEL. It’s a great tractor for plotting... when it runs.

Ditto ... I was given a tractor in my purchase of my property. learned that former owner had allowed it to sit in lower barn on top of moist dirt for 3 years. Entire drive disk, differential was rusted and locked up. Could not move it without neighbor bring their tractor over to pull it out of the barn. A "15k" value turned into a $5k sale just to get it out of there ... lesson learned on my part.

To buy what you acquired new would $60k ... be happy you have a starter set of training wheels and they they work :emoji_wink: