Ohio Farm Tours

Getting invited to be on a podcast is forever humbling, nerve-wrecking and will forever make me feel like a dumbo!! However, I love the challenge of articulating the importance of soil health and how we at Vitalize Seed go about implementing such! Thanks to my friend and Vitalize Seed Partner @bowhunterchronicles_podcast (Adam) for having me on to talk a little about soils!!

Link -

IMG_6632.jpegIMG_6631.jpegHere is a good example of why peas are used in both our NitroBoost and Carbon Load. We always are stopping to observe, learn and share.

They are easy to grow - this was spilled in a flower bed by my home.

They have great root mass for a legume - that is longer than a 1 foot plant and it’s not even started really growing yet.

Lastly look at the N fixation in the roots!! This wasn’t even inoculated!! The depth is great on this as well. As this plant is terminated or dies (naturally) the N in the plant, roots, nodules will be released for the next crop (carbon load or cash crop) to take up!

Now imagine a field of these, mixed with beans, hemp, vetch etc. and non-legumes with even deeper roots!!

That is what our NitroBoost is made of!!

Feeding deer
Feeding soil
Helping growers of deer, gardens, flowers and more!! We appreciate all farmers and growers we work with!

CO2 respiration is considered an important metric when it comes to qualifying soil health. It’s correlated to microbial biomass - as the more CO2 - the higher density of microbes is present (or so that’s the assumption).

Although it’s certainly not an end all be all - anything over 120ppm is considered high.

I am super excited to share that after years in the Vitalize System- I have soils with CO2 respiration ranging from 300-800!!! More to come on this!

I’ll continue to adjust seed rate and manage browse pressure to drive more biomass, better photosynthesis and maximize soil biology!!

We’ll never stop testing. Much more to come!!IMG_6640.jpeg