Ohio Drought

Would love to have a support group and planning committee put together for next year.....I fear this wont be the last (and that's after we get through the fall drought)
I have the same fears. We went through a late summer drought here last year and my fall plots were less than desired, but my clover still looked good. Most of it burned up this spring and summer in the current drought. It appears there won't be enough rainfall before the first frost to get clover started this fall, and if it does this next year, spring planted clover won't stand a chance again.

Im struggling with my long term plan and how to participate.

Not sure if you fellas are running corn, i hate the premise and action but did yet again this yr ....it was consumed in 1/3 of the duration it lasted last year

Im struggling with my long term plan and how to participate.

Not sure if you fellas are running corn, i hate the premise and action but did yet again this yr ....it was consumed in 1/3 of the duration it lasted last year
I am putting corn out as well.

Id be willing to bet they blow through it in record time. I pondered adding something to it, like a premium feed, to help with their compromised nutrition. Also wondering what the longer term repercussions of this will be regardless of next year's offering.

Id be willing to bet they blow through it in record time. I pondered adding something to it, like a premium feed, to help with their compromised nutrition. Also wondering what the longer term repercussions of this will be regardless of next year's offering.
My neighbor has a Boss Buck gravity feeder and he will send me pictures of a dozen deer under it at any given time of day. He won't admit to how many pounds of corn he goes through a week. I am hoping to hold myself to 50 lbs or so a week.

My neighbor has a Boss Buck gravity feeder and he will send me pictures of a dozen deer under it at any given time of day. He won't admit to how many pounds of corn he goes through a week. I am hoping to hold myself to 50 lbs or so a week.
50 pounds a week? You'll need a spin feeder for that unless you are in a deer desert.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

50 pounds a week? You'll need a spin feeder for that unless you are in a deer desert.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I have a feeder. Started last weekend and checked it yesterday. Looks like I will be closer to 75 lbs a week with the settings I am using.

A couple days of rain have been nice. Also nice that it has been cloudy as well, so the sun doesn't just burn the moisture right out of the ground.