Oh boy the neighbors!

In a square mile section does a feeder by someone's home in the section make all hunting in that section illegal?

No it does not. My neighbor can put a pile of corn on his property line and I can legally hunt the tree next to it on my property.

From the regs:
A person otherwise in compliance with this section who is hunting on private or public property that is adjacent to the property where bait or food is present is not in violation if the person has not participated in, been involved with, or agreed to baiting or feeding wildlife on the adjacent property.

Seems a little extreme Art. Couple guys ask to hunt your place so you burn the cabin down?

That's just not right :D :D

It is in other states too. I put up no trespassing signs in Iowa and the neighbor chewed me out. He said "you don't trust me"...and he doesn't even hunt?

Funny how its different all over , moved here 27 years ago locals still consider me an outsider, neighbor on one 40 asked about weather I deer hunt , told him I do , he says you can hunt mine I can hunt yours agreed haven't been on his land since and don't know if he has been on mine , haven't ever seen him on camera . If I know he favors sitting in one area I leave that alone even on my side . We have an additional 260 acres to hunt and have never posted anything on the interior property lines , maybe someone crosses a line somewhere I don't care just don't be sitting within sight opening day on my property and have never had that happen either. Really don't care in my case but maybe haven't had bad neighbors yet.

maybe put bait out on their side of the fence and hunt your side.lol

maybe put bait out on their side of the fence and hunt your side.lol

MN has a 50 yard 'rule' for trespass if you don't have survey stakes. Bet they tag your ass for baiting in same spot.

Same experience, turned a neighbor in for 3rd time trespassing, they shot 2 bucks, forgot to register them. now I am an a$$. Any other neighbors that I am aware of illegal goings on will be reported.

D*mn Art!! My faith in MN "hunters" is fading with every moment that passes
I later learned one of them got out of a treatment center just before the cabin burned. They are just a bad bunch, felons for theft, voluntary rape, etc. Bullet holes in other neighbor's sheds that line up with their yard....

all of my other neighbors are great.

All bets are off north of Hwy 10. I don't give exact location when I'm up at the bar either. I've had the...

It's all good

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never call on my neighbors unless they were full blown poaching. Most trailer trash can't afford property taxes on any sized property, even if they inherent land.
After pondering this a bit, i guess it depends on the situation. For the most part, I would turn in the vast majority of violators. There are always those instances that would involve personal judgement. My pretentious neighbors who think the rules don't apply to them, I would turn in for jaywalking. The humble, friendly folks down the road that work hard, yet struggle to pay their bills and feed their kids could poach a deer in my bedding area, and I wouldn't give a rats ass.