Off-topic: Yard Sweep

kl9

5 year old buck +
Dad is wanted one to pick up leaves and put in our garden. He can't sweet as his elbow is touchy. My questions is do these yard sweeps work for picking up leaves or is it a waste of money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some that work really good. Not sure on the diff between brands tho. I'd like to try one for picking up pine needles.

Any reason why you can't bag them while mowing and the dump the bag in the garden? They be chopped up then.

A backpack blower might be a good option.

Any reason why you can't bag them while mowing and the dump the bag in the garden? They be chopped up then.

He doesn't want the grass in the garden. We've tried raising the deck to pick up just leaves, but it is finicky.

He doesn't want the grass in the garden. We've tried raising the deck to pick up just leaves, but it is finicky.

It's all organic matter and it not like the grass will take over the garden. At least it doesn't in mine.

It's all organic matter and it not like the grass will take over the garden. At least it doesn't in mine.
Well the grass has been treated too though.

Well the grass has been treated too though.
OK got ya. Maybe like Jim said with the leaf blower.

yes, they work awesome. I was suggested to buy the agri fab one from farm and fleet. I see it listed for 229.00. This model worked better than the one my in laws have. The only somewhat hard part is flipping it up to empty(not bad for me but something to think about with your dads elbow. These make raking leaves a breeze, I can't believe everybody doesn't have one. I do see them on craigslist quite a bit if you are looking to save some cash. Assembly isn't very fun on this, not terrible but not a breeze either.