No Such Thing As No Spray Apple

I don’t spray deer apples, but most of those in the home orchard get spray about the first of June and the first of July.

The spray didn’t do me much good last year after we had two hail storms.
I think this is the way to go, apples for you, apples for deer. Even if they're at hunting camp. Plant a few near the cabin, so you don't bother the cirtters farther out back.

Wonder how much better some of the trees we've seen would be if just sprayed with neem oil before leafing out.

I think this is the way to go, apples for you, apples for deer. Even if they're at hunting camp. Plant a few near the cabin, so you don't bother the cirtters farther out back.

Wonder how much better some of the trees we've seen would be if just sprayed with neem oil before leafing out.
I have had the berm oil for years, and never used it. :(

I’m glad I can get good fruit without spraying. If I had to spray this pear tree I would need a helicopter. It is 44 feet tall and 32 feet wide.

IMG_3980.jpeg

IMG_3971.jpeg

I think the south is problematic for fruit trees. It is hot and humid. Neither of which is a benefit for fruit production. I dont care if a deer ever tastes a piece of fruit off my trees - they already have enough to eat. I would like to eat some produce off my own trees, however.

I think the south is problematic for fruit trees. It is hot and humid. Neither of which is a benefit for fruit production. I dont care if a deer ever tastes a piece of fruit off my trees - they already have enough to eat. I would like to eat some produce off my own trees, however.

I'm still hoping you will try a Sundance and Priscilla down there.

I'm still hoping you will try a Sundance and Priscilla down there.
I planted a Priscilla this winter because of you. So far it has had a slow start compared to the Yates and Enterprise I also planted this winter. The leaves are clean compared to my crabs that get some CAR. I plan to plant a Sundance if I can ever find one.

I planted a Priscilla this winter because of you. So far it has had a slow start compared to the Yates and Enterprise I also planted this winter. The leaves are clean compared to my crabs that get some CAR. I plan to plant a Sundance if I can ever find one.
Good luck
IMG_8788.jpeg

hot + humid + rain = fireblight

East Texas fireblight blitzkriegs my orchard

bill

hot + humid + rain = fireblight

East Texas fireblight blitzkriegs my orchard

bill
I have not had a fireblight problem until this year. I have had entire apple and peach crop destroyed by brown rot. I have been keeping up with my spraying - but with 21 inches of rain in 14 weeks, it is hard to keep up. Even with spraying, it already looks like the plums have been lost to curculio.

brushypines,

Several of us have sundance if you ever want some scion material. I bought one from mehrabyan nurseries this year. I added it to my original order december, if not sometime in january. Top branches of the tree were a bit beat up, but overall decent trees. They specify the rootstock and have alot of M7, B118, and M111's. I was hoping some of my trees would of been a bit on the small side. However, the whole order was too big for my grow pots. I am hooking up a friend with a new property with apple trees. He's redoing the lawn this summer, so I needed some of them in pots until august or so.

I would order from turkey creek over mehrabyan. However, he has a good selection of disease resistant varieties and sell rootstock too. Shipping wasn't bad either.

I took the top 8 inches off the sundance I ordered and made 3 more sundances on m111 rootstock. Going to give away 2 of them. The other will be in my backyard.

brushypines,

Several of us have sundance if you ever want some scion material. I bought one from mehrabyan nurseries this year. I added it to my original order december, if not sometime in january. Top branches of the tree were a bit beat up, but overall decent trees. They specify the rootstock and have alot of M7, B118, and M111's. I was hoping some of my trees would of been a bit on the small side. However, the whole order was too big for my grow pots. I am hooking up a friend with a new property with apple trees. He's redoing the lawn this summer, so I needed some of them in pots until august or so.

I would order from turkey creek over mehrabyan. However, he has a good selection of disease resistant varieties and sell rootstock too. Shipping wasn't bad either.

I took the top 8 inches off the sundance I ordered and made 3 more sundances on m111 rootstock. Going to give away 2 of them. The other will be in my backyard.
Thanks Bore! I might have to take someone up on some Sundance scion.