nice 9 pt from my mp-e5

scoot52

5 year old buck +

Went out today to my buddies property where he gave me permission to bowhunt and got this nice buck on cam, I primarily wanted to hunt it to take a doe and leave mine go for the cold fronts and rut but if this guy comes by he is getting arrowed. He is only 15 yards from my stand in this pic and hopefully keeps on same pattern for another month. Scoot

That there is a fine animal Clark.

Appears to be some decent looking cover. Looks like you are right in his bedroom for the time the picture was taken. Is he walking towards or away from your stand entry? How far is that stand in the timber?
If he is a buck you want, Id start with some boots on the ground scouting food sources if they are available.
Do you have any knowledge of where early season rubs using occur on the
property? It's really nice to have a decent understanding of where he might be coming or going. I love trying to pattern early season deer. It doesn't always work, but it's fun.
I'm not an expert on aging deer from pics., but that doesn't look like a young deer to me. Id guess a 4 year old. Those beams look thick, but they always do in velvet. Good luck

Appears to be some decent looking cover. Looks like you are right in his bedroom for the time the picture was taken. Is he walking towards or away from your stand entry? How far is that stand in the timber?
If he is a buck you want, Id start with some boots on the ground scouting food sources if they are available.
Do you have any knowledge of where early season rubs using occur on the
property? It's really nice to have a decent understanding of where he might be coming or going. I love trying to pattern early season deer. It doesn't always work, but it's fun.
I'm not an expert on aging deer from pics., but that doesn't look like a young deer to me. Id guess a 4 year old. Those beams look thick, but they always do in velvet. Good luck
Dipper, he is heading to a bean field which is about 15 yards away to the right of the pic My stand is to the left in pic and the bedding area is behind my stand along a ridge, I am near the top. I just hung the stand last week as its a regular trail and the stand will be a great evening stand. Its only 5 minutes from my house and I wanted to use it to harvest a doe and leave my property alone but if he offers shot he will be taken. I actually turkey hunt this woods and knew where deer bed because of that. Scoot

Nice, id be out there tonight checking him out first hand. Can u get in and out of that bean field without getting busted? Good chance he has some friends with him, maybe an older, bigger one?
Not sure where u live but every buck I had using beans during summer, changes things up when the beans start to dry up. In my area that is usually around Labor Day.

Sure he isn't a 10? Looks like there is a g4 on both sides? If he puts out a little more height, he could be real nice. Not saying he isn't nice now.

Good luck on him if you decide to go for him.