An Alaskan Moose Hunt

We had 2 dead moose in camp that week. Flew meat and 1 packer to anther airstrip. Probably 5 or 6 trips for that. Then get the other 6 of us out of camp. That cub is amazing. Dude is really good in it, busy, and makes really good money. A tough combo to beat.
Ha, I figured it would be a bunch with that much meat! Thats a lot of shuttling! Being a bush plane pilot would be a pretty intriguing option if a guy had another life..

I'm sure you'd have been pumped to shoot that bull on day one but the gravity of getting it done after over 8 days of trying on such a trip had to make it that much sweeter! There was a guy on rokslide who did an artric griz hunt write up - he shot it first morning of the hunt and said he was happy it happened so quick so he could get back home. Made me wonder WTF? You do all that waiting and prep, pay 5 figure $, it's nice for the whole experience to last more than a day!

Ha, I figured it would be a bunch with that much meat! Thats a lot of shuttling! Being a bush plane pilot would be a pretty intriguing option if a guy had another life..

I'm sure you'd have been pumped to shoot that bull on day one but the gravity of getting it done after over 8 days of trying on such a trip had to make it that much sweeter! There was a guy on rokslide who did an artric griz hunt write up - he shot it first morning of the hunt and said he was happy it happened so quick so he could get back home. Made me wonder WTF? You do all that waiting and prep, pay 5 figure $, it's nice for the whole experience to last more than a day!
ditto, exactly what I thought when i read your story. you paid the price in sweat equity, and it makes it that much sweeter! Very cool, Congrats!

The wait was absolutely a sweetener. Felt like snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Also a lesson in persistence that when one of my kids wants to quit something or give up, I can throw this at them.

I was ready to come home, but I wanted to prove to myself that I could grind thru it, wake up each morning and keep going. Turns out I can.

Wanted to prove I could pull my own weight packing him out. Turns out I can.

Plus my wife was with us. She's pretty incredible, and I got to spend it with a buddy who moved to california that I never get to see.
Only way its better is if I woulda run into a grizzly or a caribou.

The wait was absolutely a sweetener. Felt like snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Also a lesson in persistence that when one of my kids wants to quit something or give up, I can throw this at them.

I was ready to come home, but I wanted to prove to myself that I could grind thru it, wake up each morning and keep going. Turns out I can.

Wanted to prove I could pull my own weight packing him out. Turns out I can.

Plus my wife was with us. She's pretty incredible, and I got to spend it with a buddy who moved to california that I never get to see.
Only way its better is if I woulda run into a grizzly or a caribou.

Who is the service you used to transport your meat home?

Alaskan Trophy Express to the lower 48.

He can't do bears because of CITES I believe, and the paperwork is too much hassle, but my meat is on the bone and the rack is with it on a pallet. I'll take it to a local butcher to do it down here.