Newer Tractor advice

Snoop

5 year old buck +
I’d like to get the board’s advice on a newer tractor for our property.
Right now we own a 1985 JD 2155 51hp diesel. It has served us just fine for probably 20 years.
I’d like keep in the 50-75 hp range but maybe with a cab.
What I really want to know is what would be a good cutoff year to stay away from electronics, new fuel regulations & DEF.
Thanks

I’d like to get the board’s advice on a newer tractor for our property.
Right now we own a 1985 JD 2155 51hp diesel. It has served us just fine for probably 20 years.
I’d like keep in the 50-75 hp range but maybe with a cab.
What I really want to know is what would be a good cutoff year to stay away from electronics, new fuel regulations & DEF.
Thanks

Looks like you and I will be bidding against each other on some auction site soon…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably have to be a couple years old to get away from DEF but can depend on HP.

Probably have to be a couple years old to get away from DEF but can depend on HP.
Can a guy get the diesel tractors deleted like they do with diesel trucks? I deleted my truck and absolutely love it.

IIRC, the new emissions reqs on tractors over 25HP started in 2012. That doesn't mean they all have DEF though, some just go into regen cycles. My 38 HP tractor must be at 60ish hrs on it now and I've never noticed a regen cycle? Maybe I run it at high enough RPMs that it doesn't need it as much?

My six yr old 65hp JD does not use DEF. it does go through the regen cycle

I've got a Kubota L 3560 (38 HP) and rather than DEF it goes thru a Regen cycle. Been a non-event to me. I suppose it has re-gened about 6 times.

Never any smoke or diesel smell.

The new JD 5-E series does not use DEF nor does it require a regen cycle. The premium cabs are pretty nice, and there are some good deals out there on the size (50-75 hp). I have a newer open station 5 series and it’s a great size for most every task needed.

The new JD 5-E series does not use DEF nor does it require a regen cycle. The premium cabs are pretty nice, and there are some good deals out there on the size (50-75 hp). I have a newer open station 5 series and it’s a great size for most every task needed.
This is interesting. I would love to get away from regen. What system does it use to meet the teir4 rules?