New Wisconsin archery typical record

gunther89

5 year old buck +
http://www.wi-buck-bear.org/n_JohnKassera.php

I saw this on facebook and was shocked to see they didn't claim the right g3 as non-typical. This is the same as the Johnny King buck and that was declared non-typical. Whats everyone's thought on this?

The top photo is of the new state record, the bottom is of the Johnny King buck.
JohnKassera2015-5.jpg

00small26625405.JPG

That's a shared base IMO, he doesn't look like 200' from that angle of the pic you posted, but the ones on the site are pretty impressive, great buck!

Great buck!

Last edited:
One hell of a buck and congrats to the gentleman that shot him!

I also thought it looked like a shared base and thought of the Johnny King buck.

I lease a farm 2 miles from where this buck was shot. Every year there is a Booner shot in that area. Not big woods but big ridges and thicker than hair on a dog's back. The bad part is this will bring unwanted attention. I usually tell the guys in the area all I see is spikes and forkies. :)

They panel score them for a reason. I would have thought it would be counted as "abnormal" but what do I know.....Awesome deer all the same.

"Fame" can be a dangerous thing. Can attract all sorts of unwanted attention. I just shoot little ones so I don't have that issue;)!

Isn't this the third time in the last four years that the we've had a new record archery typical shot?

It was cool to see a guy who just owns a 'back 40' take a buck like that. Goes to show you don't need 500+ acres to kill a giant. With more guys improving habitat, food plots, passing small bucks, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if this record is broke this yr.

Isn't this the third time in the last four years that the we've had a new record archery typical shot?

Yes

I would love to see it broken 4 out 5 years. :)

I would love to see it broken 4 out 5 years. :)

I bet you would and so would I! :)

the buck is dead.... congrats. buck of a lifetime. but, where did he hit it? stud of a deer. wow.

Yeah and a non typical record on there as well.

Great deer any way you look at him !! I agree with Boone - improving habitat and having good food sources & thick cover is the best ticket to better bucks - plus some trigger restraint !!

The other pics on the website make it look like that G3 comes from the main beam and not a non typical point. Outside of the rack looks the same as the king buck. I agree if that deer is 200in non of the pics seem to do it justice.

Doesn't look like a very old deer!